Venting

Kitty Star

Relentless Groupie
Jul 19, 2004
Bay Area, California
I am having the most SHIT day at work today. Every annoying client that has ever existed is calling to bother me right now. The pile of work that I have to get done before Wednesday (my last day here) isn't getting any smaller because I keep having to take on new stuff. 1 of my 3 bosses just called and said that he would take me out to lunch on Wednesday for my last day but he wasn't going to pay me until Monday (which is illegal in this state) because my other boss does the checks and she won't be back until Monday. Then he called back 5 minutes later and said "I don't really want to go to lunch on Wednesday unless you really want to. You see, I'm really busy and I have more important things to be doing. So if you still really want to go we can go, but it will just be me and you because I don't want everyone in the office not working." My response was a very professional FUCK OFF!!!

After 2 years of working here, 2 years of saving these people's asses, 2 fucking years of running this goddamn office and this is the treatment I get. I have been crying at my desk over a bar of chocolate and a Pepsi for the last 10minutes because I can't even begin to comprehend the treatment I am getting right now. I have half a mind to leave everything unfinished and quite right now, but I would feel bad for everyone else in the office.

People true colors suck. :(

this, my dear, is why working in an office eats a bag of dicks. sorry your boss is such a douchebag. i will put a curse on him.

essentially i think they're just jealous that you're leaving and resent being stuck there

most people at jobs you're leaving are realistic about the pile of stuff you're leaving them to do once you've blown outta there, but if they aren't that's their problem. don't let it bug you - you don't have to see them any more. all you need is maybe 1 decent person as a reference- could just be a coworker, but a supervisor is good too.

yeah I recommend leaving some of that work behind you. It was hard for me to do that but I just couldn't get all of it done. also your in good hands with minxnim, she is the best curser around.

i feel sorry for you guys who have bad office days a lot. it makes me feel even more unsure about quitting my job-that-i-like with no employment lined up in the future.

well i did put a curse on your general workplace and then i realized maybe that was a bad idea b/c you work at state farm right ? in ca? and i think i know some of their people! oh well.
if you see anyone with a bad rash or a severe headache... that's me.

Thanks for all of the support guys!! I just keep thinking that after tomorrow I won't have to deal with this anymore. I danced with Davey Havok last night so I am in a super good mood today. Usually seeing him, even for a moment, and the fact that he remembers who I am and says hi to me keeps me in a good mood for weeks. *Big Grin*