VERY IMPORTANT - Everyone please read!

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
Hey all,

As most of you probably know, since January 1995 I have hosted a weekly metal program on Sydney community radio station BFM. Since that time, the show has consistently featured NOT LESS than 50% Australian music and has never been off air. Recently the Board of Directors of the radio station decided to implement an airtime fee for all broadcasters using the station; this fee was $5 per hour plus GST. For LOUD! this works out at $11 a week. As my show does not have financial sponsorship, I have to pay this fee out of my own pocket. In the last few months, I have moved house twice to considerable expense and the show is now behind the 8-ball to the tune of $308. In their wisdom, the Board of Directors has decided that unless this fee is paid by Friday, February 6, the LOUD! radio show will be suspended for four weeks. If the arrears aren't caught up by then, the show will be dropped from the station's programming. In short, this means that LOUD! will be no more. I am therefore asking all members of this board who can be bothered to write to the Board of Directors of the radio station protesting this action. I personally feel that in the nine years I have presented this show, I have helped hundreds of local bands from Sydney and all over Australia in the promotion of their music and live shows. Without this show, metal will have an even harder time in this city than it already does with such miniscule media coverage and only one regular venue to perform. Those wishing to make a protest against the loss of this program are urged to write a letter, including your name and address, addressed to:

Board of Directors
BFM
102 Cahors Rd, Padstow NSW 2211

If any feels they can help out in a financial way, ie. a small sponsorship amount or donation, or has any ideas as to who may be interested in sponsoring the show, PM me.