VH1 Metal Awards

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
VH1 Classic is Honoring The Best in Rock and Heavy Metal With The Second Annual ‘Revolver Golden Gods Awards’

VH1 Classic will recognize the most famous and decorated rock stars on the planet at the 2nd annual “Revolver Golden Gods Awards” on Saturday, May 22 at 10PM.

Celebrating the best in hard rock and heavy metal, the “Revolver Golden Gods Awards” is a television event die hard music fans will not forget. Never-before-seen collaborations by iconic music legends Slash, Lemmy Kilmister and Dave Grohl performing “Ace of Spades” and other blistering performances by Rob Zombie, Zakk Wylde, Fear Factory, As I Lay Dying and Posehn make this a heavy-hitting concert and award show not to be missed.

Hosted by Chris Jericho (WWE, Fozzy) and Andrew W.K., the show also welcomes special appearances by iconic rock and metal artists including: Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, Alice in Chains, Slayer and more. VH1 Classic’s own “That Metal Show” hosts Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine present the “Revolver Golden Gods Award” for “Album of the Year.” Rock legend Ozzy Osbourne presents Rob Halford with the Golden God Award, while Foo Fighters’ David Grohl presents the ultimate honor of a Lifetime Achievement Award to Motorhead’s Lemmy.

Winners and presenters featured in the 2nd annual “Revolver Golden Gods Awards” include:

– Golden God Award: Rob Halford (presented by Ozzy Osbourne)
– Epiphone Best Guitarist Award: Zakk Wylde (presented by Kerry King and
Jeff Hanneman of Slayer)
– Lifetime Achievement Award: Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead (presented by
Dave Grohl)
– Album of the Year Award: Alice In Chains (presented by Eddie Trunk,
Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson of VH1 Classic’s “That Metal Show”)
– Best Vocalist: Ronnie James Dio (presented by Jerry Cantrell and Mike
Inez)

Has anyone heard if RJD is doing better? I hope so if he is attending this show to get the reward.

Wow thats weird that the Slayer guys are GIVING an award for best guitarist TO Zak Wylde rather than the other way around. Am I the only one?

It's variations on honoring the same pool of people who get plenty of recognition already, but I mean nothing against guys like Halford, Lemmy and Dio whose place in the metal pantheon are unquestionable.

I might watch this but I'll be at the Primal Fear show the night it airs :)

I have VERY little interest in what VH1 has to say about metal.

That being said, I am surprised ANVIL isn't on this, esp being on VH1

Revolver has more input in terms of who's on it and who isn't than VH1 does. I'll probably tape it and fast forward through a lot of it. :lol:

VH1 is just the licensed broadcaster of the event. They had nothing to do with it content wise.

Revolver Magazine (from the same publisher of Guitar World), otoh, is the content source.

The RJD question - he's apparently doing well according to Wendy's reports, but he's still being watched, and Heaven/Hell tourdates were cancelled.

I don't have any interest in this, because I don't read Revolver, Metal Edge, Guitar World, etc. I did see a "black carpet" interview of the Ratt guys though at this event. Pearcy pretty much had the attitude that he was disgusted with the current metal scene. Blotzer tried to claim he was a Slipknot fan, which I doubt he's ever listened to two songs from the band! :lol: It was pretty funny. For the most part, I bet Roadrunner wanted them to be there, otherwise, I bet they wouldn't have showed up.

~Brian~

I definitely will watch this now.I'm glad he at least was honored with this award and was able to attend to receive it in person.I'll probably cry my eyes out but I'm not missing the last on screen appearance of RJD.

Surorised I'm the first to post something about watching. Well I should have just went out and seen Deceased instead.
I want say much about the show not really worth it. But it is sometimes embarrassing when thinking for some of the people that represent and speak for this sub-culture. And how much does it actually cost to buy into these magazines and VH1? Really this is no better than the Grammys given best metal album to Jethro Tull. Really the show was nothing but an hour long commercial.
Oh Ozzy presenting Rob an award, seriously isn't it time for someone to take Ozzy into the back field and put him down?
Hope it gets better and atleast it's something..?

Yeah,I watched it.The live performances sucked.The whole show felt like an episode of Beavis and Butthead to me.The "Dedication To Dio" that came on after this was okay,just not long enough.VH1 only gave Eddie Trunk 30 minutes.Take out time for commercials and I guess it's more like 20 minutes.I think there should be a whole day or 2 or 3 devoted to the man.

Yeah,I watched it.The live performances sucked.The whole show felt like an episode of Beavis and Butthead to me.The "Dedication To Dio" that came on after this was okay,just not long enough.VH1 only gave Eddie Trunk 30 minutes.Take out time for commercials and I guess it's more like 20 minutes.I think there should be a whole day or 2 or 3 devoted to the man.

I was at the live taping and what was left out of the hour long broadcast was a bit of a mess. All the bands played extra songs which were great & The upstairs backstage stuff was even better.

Bad editing moment: Halford introducing "Slash" then its "Ace of Spades" with Lemmy!
*Lemmy sang the song form Slashs solo album Ace was the 3rd song in that set I think.

Andrew WK. Still dont get it.:zombie:

I was at the live taping and what was left out of the hour long broadcast was a bit of a mess. All the bands played extra songs which were great & The upstairs backstage stuff was even better.

Bad editing moment: Halford introducing "Slash" then its "Ace of Spades" with Lemmy!
*Lemmy sang the song form Slashs solo album Ace was the 3rd song in that set I think.

Andrew WK. Still dont get it.:zombie:

Yeah,I'm with you on the Andrew thing.That's why I said it reminded of a beavis and butthead episode.Jericho and Andrew both saying things like DuDe!!!!!!!!!!!! or Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the entire hour.