Video editing for total incompetents

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Supposing, just supposing I had acquired a copy of Adobe Premiere 6.0 but had no idea what to do with it. How would I use it to edit unwanted footage (eg commercial breaks and station logos) out of .avi files on my hard drive before converting and burning them to DVD?

The online help thing that comes with the programme I may or may not have is about as much use as a chocolate teapot and I'm utterly lost. Any ideas?

W

Import the AVI file to your project and drag it down to the timeline... Choose the Splicer cursor, and just splice the parts where you want the cuts to be, then choose the Select cursor again and select the middle part (the ad break you've put cuts at the start and end of) and press delete, then drag the 2nd part of the programme back to where the first ends.

If you wanna dissolve from one to the other just drag a Cross Dissolve from the Transitions window between the 2 clips and its done. :)

Then Render Timeline (if needed), and save, and export to whatever kinda file you want. :)

I can't handle Premiere... it just seems to work backwards to how I've worked with every other non-linear editing program. The made some nice changes with version 7, but still... confusing for me!

Damn powerful, though. :)