Video: Former JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH Members Perform Heavy Metal Classics In Toronto

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), guitarist Glen Drover (MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND, TESTAMENT, EIDOLON), drummer Shawn Drover (MEGADETH, ACT OF DEFIANCE, EIDOLON) and bassist Adrian Robichaud (EIDOLON) joined forces to perform heavy metal classics under the A NIGHT OF METAL banner on November 9 at The Rockpile in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Video footage of the concert can be seen below (courtesy of YouTube user "JIM SYMINGTON"). In a recent interview with The Metal Voice, Owens stated about A NIGHT OF METAL: "It's the one time I tour that I'm not playing [songs from my era of JUDAS PRIEST]. People are, like, 'Play 'Burn In Hell',' or this, that and the other. Well, I tour solo non-stop, and I play those songs when I tour — I just got back from South America and I'm playing 'One On One' and 'Hell Is Home' and 'Burn In Hell'. But this set is just a fun set. We're going up there as 'A NIGHT OF METAL.' It's exactly what it says, when Shawn and Glen came up with that. It's the perfect name for us, because we're just jamming — we're having fun. We'll probably have a beer and get on stage." A NIGHT OF METAL is: Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) - Vocals Shawn Drover (MEGADETH, ACT OF DEFIANCE, EIDELON) - Drums Glen Drover (MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND, EIDELON) - Guitar Adrian Robichaud (EIDELON) - Bass Owens recorded two studio albums with JUDAS PRIEST — 1997's "Jugulator" and 2001's "Demolition" — before the band reunited with Rob Halford. Glen Drover left MEGADETH at the end of 2007 and was replaced by Chris Broderick, who previously played with NEVERMORE and JAG PANZER. Shawn joined MEGADETH in 2004 as the replacement for Nick Menza, who had only just rejoined the group. Drover performed on four MEGADETH studio records: 2007's "United Abominations", 2009's "Endgame", 2011's "TH1RT3EN" and 2013's "Super Collider".
nightofmetaltoronto2019.jpg

Continue reading...