Video: METALLICA's LARS ULRICH Introduces 'Through The Never' Movie In Norwalk

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The members of METALLICA made select personal appearances at theaters around the country starting this past Thursday (September 26) to celebrate the release of "Metallica Through The Never". The film officially opened on Friday (September 27) for an exclusive week-long run on IMAX screens before expanding to other theaters on October 4.Video footage of METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich's appearance AMC in Norwalk, California — just down the street from where METALLICA was born in Downey — on Friday can be seen below."We decided we needed to make this unique," METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett told QMI Agency about the "Through The Never" movie. "So we came up with the concept of having a running narrative in the movie that weaves in and out of the concert footage. We liked that idea enough to tell our managers, 'This is the type of movie we want to make.'""I think that METALLICA fans that are really into action films and movies with a lot of energy are going to be blown away," Ulrich told Revolver magazine. "This is a very unique film. I don’t know what people are going to think of it. I like it. But obviously I’m biased."METALLICA reportedly spent $20 million of its own money to make the film, which was screened at Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas this past Wednesday (September 25).The soundtrack, which features a number of METALLICA classics performed live in the movie, was released on September 24. The two-disc CD came out on METALLICA's own label, Blackened Recordings, also in digital and vinyl formats.The concert sequences for the movie were shot in August 2012 at two shows in Vancouver, Canada and feature a stage containing elements of many of METALLICA's previous live productions from the past 30 years.

More...