VIDEO: My 1st YT Upload! AMTF Mix Run Through (not really, haha)

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
Band is: After Me, the Flood. 5-song EP I'm currently working on.

Enjoy! I didn't record it with the intent of putting it out there, so. No, I didn't activate my professional voice and diction.

AND a little reamp run down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool vids! Good to see a fellow Finalizer Express user too, I notice you use the softclip on the "finalize" section heavily....ive never had that on due to an opinion I heard a while back. Any general tips on the unit you generally like to do?

HAHAHAHAHA, I'm actually from St. Louis, Missouri but have lived in FL since I was like 8. =D

WEIRD. hahahaha.

ANd Shred, only advice I can give is tweak until it sounds good man. The express is a GREAT little unit and I like it more for what it does to the sonics and overall mix than I do using SOLELY as a limiter to gain volume.

I tried both ways, no softclip, softclip, lookahead on and off and ended up where it's at now!

Mind you, I have a LOT of other 2-BUSS plugs going.... which does affect the overall sound. I just LOVED how the softclip smoothed the drums out and made 'em fatter and tamed some of the peaks (which was already done in the mix via a lot of parallel/staged compression and clipping.

Anyone want to hear an MP3 of the track in the video? =D

I like how your meters look in the mixer window, could you maybe tell me how you've set these up?

THX

all custom calibrated via preferences in nuendo to show -18 to -12 in green, then it goes to yellow to about -6 and above that is red. =D

works fucking AWESOME

Another OT question: In the arrange window how do you have your audio regions like that? It seems really easy on the eye and would love to set up like that as well, I know you're using Nuendo but it should be exactly the same on C5.

Btw, GODDAMN the noise on the 1st video! :D

like i said, that wasnt my concern. just mucking about =D

and the transparent events can be changed in preferences! =D

That's some pretty intense clipping man. I thought you were mixing at -18 these days?

Well Ermz, I ALWAYS ALWAYS track like a nazi as far as levels. AND I ALWAYS go into a mix w/the intent of keeping everything hovering there.

it just never works out for me, i'd rather turn up certain shit than turn everything else around it down.

I forgot to mention I'm running VCC channel on EVERY track (prob 30 or more instances) and about 10 MixBuss plugs for groups/fx returns and of course, the 2-buss.

First plug on my 2-buss is FreeG at -20dB, LOL. Mixing through VCC is quite an experience, though. Moving faders within the project has a HUGE impact on the way the mix starts sounding and reacting.

BTW Ermz: Printing outboard is a pain in my ass, LOL. I LOVE using it but hate it when it comes to recall notes and applying things across several session files.

Totally worth it, though.