Video: PAUL STANLEY Signs Copies Of 'Face The Music' In Naperville

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On Friday, May 16, KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley made an in-store appearance at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville, Illinois. Stanley greeted fans and distributed his pre-signed memoir, "Face The Music: A Life Exposed". He also posed for fan photos. However, Stanley did not sign memorabilia of any kind.Video footage of the event can be seen below.Stanley's revealing life spanning memoir, "Face The Music: A Life Exposed", debuted at No. 2 on The New York Times' Best Sellers list for Print Hardcover Non-Fiction. On top of that, "Face The Music" debuted on the Times' Combined Print and E-Book best seller list and E-Book best sellers list at No. 3 and No. 13, respectively. Although Stanley has been vocal about his issues with co-founding members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, he talks in the new book about the problems in keeping a partnership going with Gene Simmons over the decades, telling The Pulse Of Radio that it's taken a lot of work to keep the pair moving forward and on the same page. "Oh, sure," he said. "That over the years that's been an ongoing theme in our relationship. But time is the ultimate judge, and the fact that we've been together, at this point for, 40 — my gosh — almost 44 years says volumes. There have been times where I've been very angry and resentful — and I'm not saying momentarily — I'm saying for long periods of time. But, in time, everything falls in place and you get a better perspective — hopefully. If you don't expect from someone what's not possible, then you won't be disappointed.”Stanley spoke frankly of a particularly icy moment in KISS history when, during the 1980s, Simmons seemed far more interested in an acting career than being the type of partner Stanley had come to rely on in KISS throughout the '70s. "It's much easier to do that when you know somebody else is gonna run with it. [Laughs] It's much easier to abandon ship when you know that someone is going to bail water. That was more than annoying and hurtful. It was unjust, because to cap that off — he still wanted to be paid equally. Well, that's insult to injury. Who gets paid for not doing their job? Doesn't work like that."
paulstanleyfacethemusicbookcover.jpg

More...