Video: STONE SOUR's ROY MAYORGA Performs At DW DRUMS' 'Factory Day' Event

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STONE SOUR and ex-SOULFLY drummer Roy Mayorga attended Drum Workshop Inc.'s (DW Drums) "Factory Day" event on July 12 in Oxnard, California. He performed some STONE SOUR songs and took part in a question-and-answer session. Check out video footage of his appearance below.Mayorga in January 2013 spoke to The Morning Call about his 2011 stroke and his recovery, which lasted nearly a year."It was pretty scary," he said. "I couldn't walk, I couldn't really move my left side really well. It was horrible. I basically was not playing or doing anything music [related] for a good seven, eight months. And then I got better, I got off the meds, and got the confidence again to play drums and got behind the kit and then started recording [the] new [STONE SOUR] album … Almost two years later, I'm pretty much back to normal, and it's a miracle, man, I gotta say. I thank God and the universe and lucky stars I'm still here today. I'm just glad that's over with and I'm able to still walk and play drums and still be here with my family."Mayorga praised his bandmates, who canceled the rest of their tour and waited for him to get better."That's incredible," he said. "I mean, that's a lot to be said for them. Those guys are truly my brothers, for them to do something like that. … Most bands would have gotten somebody else to play drums. But they didn't.""House Of Gold & Bones - Part 2", the second part of STONE SOUR's two-album series, "House of Gold & Bones", sold 35,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 10 on The Billboard 200 chart. The record arrived in stores on April 9, 2013 via Roadrunner.The "House Of Gold & Bones" albums were recorded at Sound Farm Studios just outside of the band's native Des Moines, Iowa with producer David Bottrill (TOOL, MUSE) at the helm.
roymayorgadwfactoryday2014.jpg

More...