Viking Maddness!!!!

i'm not trying to squirm out of anything actually. it'd imagine it was a great experience for quorthon when he researched his heritage and started creating music to show his passion for his heritage. the difference is, he's not a crusty american metalhead who worships viking imagery because he has nothing better to do.

Viking metals cool, jus dont take it too seriously... its kitche :err:

that's exactly what i'm getting at. viking metal has some really fantastic bands and it would be a shame to brush them off for being "viking metal". there is however, as you stated, a difference in how one "digests" the viking metal.

why in the fuck would someone think my goal is to impact people

edit: the only one of those ppl i respect is skulk fyi

I'm not obsessed about Vikings or anything, but I find them damn interesting like I do all ancient cultures, be it Greeks, Romans etc...

It's interesting stuff!

Drinking from a horn and dressing up like Vikings is going a little far though.

I definetly dont take vikign mythology seriously (if I wanted I definetly could because I come from Finland so it is a part of my heritage). I enjoy the music and sometimes cheesy visual and fantasy landscapes the music paints.

why in the fuck would someone think my goal is to impact people

edit: the only one of those ppl i respect is skulk fyi

Ok Im sure you post some progressive comments here too but Ive noticed how you seem to drop in on topics by commenting with some negative blurb that disses the topic in a way that it seems like you are just pissed off at the world. Thats a bummer to the people who come here to discuss topics with likeminded people. At least back post a good argument, not just "everybody is lame and stupid".

What a shame, what a pitty, I feel like I have to vomit...

And again another movie with a director who hadn't even the slightest idea of what vikings really looked like, about their real behaviour, their far developed social structures.
You couldn't have done more wrong than in this movie. There's not only one piece of the "viking's" clothing in this movie that is correct.
AND VIKINGS NEVER EVER HAD HORNS ON THEIR HELMS!!!! FFS!!!

Of course I am aware that this movie was not made to show real vikings.......but it's just so wrong......

You know there is a widely debated theory that the Vikings discovered America a long long time before Columbus.

Besides Vikings aren't just from Norway, the term viking really applies more generally to any of the Germanic races, which includes everything from the top of France (Gaul. Yea, like in Asterix) right round in BIG, side ways horse shoe shape, up to Iceland.

saw the preview for this when i watched 300 the other day. Anyway, don't know how interesting it will be, especially if now, because of the preview, i'll be associating it with 300, which was epic pwnage that i enjoyed very much. THIS IS SPARTA!!