VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT's Favorite Rock 'N' Roll Memory: 'I Had Tears Coming Out Of My Eye

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
In a brand new interview with The Washington Times, former PANTERA and current HELLYEAH drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott was asked if had a favorite rock 'n' roll memory. He responded: "PANTERA was the opening band on the KISS reunion tour in 1997, with all the original members. We toured with them in South America. We did three nights in Mexico City, then we had a flight on my birthday, which is March 11, and we were on a flight from Mexico City to Santiago, Chile. KISS was in first class, and we were in business class. Halfway through the flight, all four of the original members of KISS came back to me and sang 'Happy Birthday' in four-part harmony. They gave me a 'Kisstory' book. I felt like a 14-year-old kid. I had tears coming out of my eyes."He added: "They took us under their wing, really liked us, and it was a great tour."Vinnie Paul's brother, late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was a huge KISS fan and even had a tattoo of original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley on his chest. In addition, Darrell had Frehley autograph it and had that tattooed to his body as well.KISS donated a "Kiss Kasket" to Dimebag's family for the guitarist to be buried in. The coffin features the faces of the four founding members of KISS, the KISS logo and the words "Kiss Forever".

More...