Vintersorg - Vocal Techniques

Vintersorg's vocals are imo....dare i say it? One of the best in the metal industry.

I love how he never "fails". Even akerfeld and sorts have moments that could use polishing but i dont have that feeling when i put on a borknagar/vintersorg song yet he still manages to keep it out of the "power metal perfect" area.

Try tracking down their "Live at Inferno 2001" boot-leg, and then consider. Then again, that was back when his higher voice was still developing...

Try tracking down their "Live at Inferno 2001" boot-leg, and then consider. Then again, that was back when his higher voice was still developing...

I stand by my statement.

The vocals on the origin version of oceans rise are just like strawberry icecream to my ears:oops:

I really wish i could sing like that. Maybe its time to push for lessons around here.

i heard he wasnt very good live...which makes sense since he never tours.

He's not. I've only seen a few live clips, and I wobn't deny they are poor quality, but I do recall having a sound clip of Till Fjalls live, perfect quality but his voice sucked so hard.

I stand by my statement.

The vocals on the origin version of oceans rise are just like strawberry icecream to my ears:oops:

I really wish i could sing like that. Maybe its time to push for lessons around here.

The remake of Oceans Rise makes me was to stab a few people.

The one good thing about the new version is it makes the old version sound a whole lot better.

I recall seeing some idiots on Dimmu Borgir forums wanting Dimmu to cover Oceans Rise.
littlecfrown.gif

I have to disagree with those ocean's rise comments. The remake is better.

I cant stand the fact that Vintersorg talks the first few lines. I loved the way Vortex did "and thunder caaaAAAaaaalls" as opposed to "and thunder caAaAaAalls"