VIP tickets... worth it?

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
I was about to buy my tickets for the upcoming show, and I see that they're offering a "VIP ticket" option, with a pre-show meet & greet. I'm curious if others have bought the VIP tickets, and if it was worthwhile? It's an extra $40 per ticket, and no mention of that including a t-shirt or anything. I wonder if I would just be able to catch the band out by the bus after the show instead...

It depends on how important it is for you to hang out with them personally. You might (or might not) be able to do that anyway, but a VIP ticket guarantees that you will.

If you mean like are they cool people who like to meet fans and all then yeah, absolutely. They're all great guys.

I got the meet and greet; it was worth it to me, because I was really hoping I could do something to leave an impression, and I think I used my opportunity well. When they came to NY with Iced Earth, there was like 10 people on line for the Sym X meet and greet, one of which was me. I chose my words carefully for each member.
It's worth it if you can validate it being worth it in your own mind. For me, the experience of being able to ask MJR himself if he needed a studio bitch was worth it. :D

I got the meet and greet; it was worth it to me, because I was really hoping I could do something to leave an impression, and I think I used my opportunity well. When they came to NY with Iced Earth, there was like 10 people on line for the Sym X meet and greet, one of which was me. I chose my words carefully for each member.
It's worth it if you can validate it being worth it in your own mind. For me, the experience of being able to ask MJR himself if he needed a studio bitch was worth it. :D

Was their a t-shirt or poster or anything included with the VIP? I think Iced Earth had included a bunch of "goodies" like that along with the meet & greet for their VIP tickets on the recent tour.

the way I look at it is, if you are planning on buying a shirt(depends if that is part of the MnG package), then it is worth it.

I did a MnG with Iced Earth back on the Crucible tour. It was cool, and worth it, but you didn't really get to "hang" with the band. It was too structured.

Was their a t-shirt or poster or anything included with the VIP? I think Iced Earth had included a bunch of "goodies" like that along with the meet & greet for their VIP tickets on the recent tour.
Yep, free piece of merch, autographed poster and photo op.
I chose the Iconoclast shirt that looks like the Brain Salad Surgery ripoff because it looks like a Brain Salad Surgery ripoff.

Oh and I also had the chance to apologize to Romeo for sounding like a crackhead when I asked him about the studio bitch thing.

structured. yes, that's why I'm not a fan. it's consumerism. if I want to say something to a band member, i'll send them a message or wait around after the gig and say something if they're not dead tired. they're just people, and i've no sense to pay to talk to somebody for my 15 seconds, pick up a souvenir, and split. that's just not my style...

I never bother artists or celebrities. It's not like I live in Hollywood or something, but there are some hotels and shit around and I've seen a ton of celebrities just walking past me.

As for a VIP/fan meeting thing. Ugh, awkward.

Wait, SymX are "celebrities"? When did this happen? :lol:

I get though. I myself leave the "celebrity" worship to pop culture zombies. I'm not into fanboism either, I don't have a single band shirt or poster or anything like that. I didn't go to the meet & greet when SymX came to my country (and I've probably been into the band longer than any of the people who did go), simply because what I wanted was in-depth chat with MJR about music making etc, and I knew that wasn't going to happen. lol

But I can appreciate it if somebody buys merch and VIP tickets for the sake of supporting an artist.

every time I have seen SymX, Lepond has been hanging out in the bar. He is always open to talk with anyone, real nice guy.

Confirm. He just gets out of the dressing room to chat with the fans, that's what I call "down to earth".

As for the vip packages, Iron Maiden never do the vip tickets thing because they feel they have to treat all of their fans as vips - respect.

I'm not into fanboism either, I don't have a single band shirt or poster or anything like that.
Wearing a band shirt or putting up a poster is hardly the same as bugging musicians. A major difference being that it's sane and doesn't bother anyone. Also some band shirts look better than most clothing you'd find elsewhere anyway.

I had purchased VIP tickets but didn't get to the meet and greet on time. Talked to the tour manager and he said that he would see what he could do. After the concert the tour manager actually came out to the foyer of the vendor, found me, and took me backstage. I got to hang with the whole band, take pics, get autographs. They were all so nice, kind, and made me feel totally relaxed. One of the best moments of my life!