VIRGIN STEELE: 'The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell I+II', 'Invictus' Reissues Detailed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SPV/Steamhammer will re-release VIRGIN STEELE's "The Marriage Of Heaven & Hell I+II" and "Invictus" albums in June. These two CD digipak re-releases will come with special bonus material and a huge booklet with new liner notes and previously unseen photos supplied by VIRGIN STEELE singer David DeFeis. Release dates: Scandinavia: June 11 Germany: June 13 Rest of Europe: June 16 USA/Canada: June 24 Comments David DeFeis: "It is an honor, and it is my great pleasure, to be able to re-release with SPV the two 'Marriage Of Heaven and Hell' albums and the 'Invictus' album this year. These albums loom large in our catalogue, and so much of our blood, sweat and history can be found within the fabric of these works. "In addition to the original running order titles, we will also present various bonus tracks. 'The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell' discs contain two live tracks recorded in Germany during 'The Marriage' tour, plus some new songs. "Originally on the bonus disc for 'Invictus' we had planned to issue this new 19-song 'Ghost Harvest' collection that I had spoken about in the latest interviews. That plan has changed. 'Ghost Harvest', which has now grown into more than one CD at this time, will instead be included in the upcoming box set, and the bonus disc inside 'Invictus', which bears the title 'Fire Spirits', will contain over-the-top acoustic versions of various songs mainly taken from 'The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell' and 'Invictus' albums (but a few others appear as well). It will also contain a brand new track recorded this week. "The performances on 'Fire Spirits' were captured live and are raw, heartfelt and genuine. We wanted to show those who missed out on the acoustic gigs we had done some of what went on there, and to also express how powerful these stripped down versions can be. "With the appearance of these reissues and the inclusion of all the various bonus tracks contained within these collections, we give thanks and salute all of you who have taken this barbaric-romantic ride with us. "We hope you will enjoy these works that celebrate the interaction and chemistry of the group, and which are testament to the enduring strength of our friendship." "The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell Pt. I+II" track listing: CD1 01. I Will Come For You 02. Weeping Of The Spirits 03. Blood And Gasoline 04. Self Crucifixion 05. Last Supper 06. Warriors Lament 07. Trail Of Tears 08. The Raven Song 09. Forever Will I Roam 10. I Wake Up Screaming 11. House Of Dust 12. Blood Of The Saints 13. Life Among The Ruins 14. The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell 15. Angela's Castle (bonus track) 16. The Sword Of Damocles (bonus track) CD2 01. A Symphony Of Steele 02. Crown Of Glory (Unscarred) 03. From Chaos To Creation 04. Twilight Of The Gods 05. Rising Unchained 06. Transfiguration 07. Prometheus The Fallen One 08. Emalaith 09. Strawgirl 10. Devil/Angel 11. Unholy Water 12. Victory Is Mine 13. The Marriage Of heaven And Hell (revisited) 14. A Greater Burning Of Innocence (bonus track) 15. Life Among The Ruins - Live (bonus track) 16. I Wake Up Screaming - Live (bonus track) "Invictus" track listing: CD1 01. The Blood Of vengeance 02. Invictus 03. Mind, Body, Spirit 04. In The Arms Of The Death God 05. Through Blood And Fire 06. Sword Of The Gods 07. God Of Our Sorrows 08. Vow Of Honour 09. Defiance 10. Dust From The Burining 11. Amaranth 12. A Whisper Of Death 13. Dominion Day 14. A Shadow Of Fear 15. "Theme" From The Marriage Of Heaven & Hell 16. Veni, Vidi, Vici CD2 – Bonus "Dark Distant Future" Medley #1 01. A Whipser Of Death (Intro) 02. Unholy Water 03. Trail Of Tears "With Vengeance Divine" Medley #2 04. Rising Unchained 05. Veni, Vidi, Vici 06. Defiance 07. I Will Come For You 08. Victory Is Mine "Hail The Conguering Hero" Medley #3 09. Serpent's Kiss (Intro) 10. A Whisper Of Death (Main section of song) 11. Great Sword Of Flame 12. A Whipser Of Death (Reprise) 13. Emalaith 14. The Burning Of Rome 15. Perfect Mansions (Mountains Of The Sun) 16. Do You Walk With God (new song) In other news, VIRGIN STEELE will celebrate its 35th anniversary this year with the fall release of a 35th-anniversary box set, which will include the CDs "The Book Of Burning" and "Hymns To Victory" as well as the new recordings named the "Ghost Harvest - The Spectral Vintage Sessions". In addition, the box will include an extensive book and a poster. A new studio album and live dates will follow in early 2015.
virginsteelemarriage2014.jpg
virginsteeleinvictus2014.jpg

More...