Virtuocity Neoclassical Metal excellense!!!

Marre79

Metal,& only Metal
Hi there all you Metallheads!

I have this 1 question for you all : Have anyone heard this one band/project called Virtuocity from Finland ???

Vocals : Peter James Goodman (Conquest) & Marco Hietala (Nightwish+Tarot)

Guitars + Bass : Jaron Sebastian Raven

Drums : Jaska Raatikainen (Children Of Bodom)

Keybords : Janne Tolsa (Tarot)

They play metal Symphony X style!!!!

http://www.spinefarm.fi/metal/

Stay Metal!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I have no idea of how you can stand that retarded, poorly played, inane, unoriginal crap. The guitarist is a prodigy? Bullshit. He couldn`t shred his way out of a paperbag as far as I`m concerned. Oh, and the lyrics are crap. Any 10-year old could have written them...

Harp Heaven said:
I have no idea of how you can stand that retarded, poorly played, inane, unoriginal crap. The guitarist is a prodigy? Bullshit. He couldn`t shred his way out of a paperbag as far as I`m concerned. Oh, and the lyrics are crap. Any 10-year old could have written them...

Nah man, that shit isnt bad. And from what I heard theres not really much to judge the guitarists lead playing ability on.

I don't know that I would say that they play SX style music, but based on the samples, it's the kind of neo-classical sound that I have always loved. Thanks for the information!

It's ok. Kinda gets repetitive, but then again, I didn't listen to all of the samples, just a few. I need to hear some instrumental sections and solos to make a better judgement. The guitarrist's pretty good, but I guess it's hard for anyone to live up to Romeo, so not many people on this board are going to get impressed.

Dark_Wolf said:
Umm... It's not that I dislike Symphony X, because I don't. I really love them...
But I wouldn't say that they have the most intelligent lyrics written either...

confused.gif

Are you kidding me you dont think Symphony X's lyrics are very intelligent???????? omg, then please do show me a band who's lyrics you do think are more so..theyre lyrics are one of the reasons i think they just blow the competition away..granted, not EVERY song is fantastic (compared to every other band i've ever heard who can only get a couple of songs right at the most), but there was alot of study and thought into whats being written. And they dont write about boring the boring crap that consumes their mundane lives like almost everyone else i've heard seems to.

Will get back on my opinion of the band in Question when i have listened to them.

then please do show me a band who's lyrics you do think are more so
There are plenty of bands that fit that bill, Steely Dan for example are miles ahead of what SX are doing lyrically, but that doesn`t mean Symphony X`s lyrics are bad, like Dark Wolf or whatever said.

Harp Heaven said:
There are plenty of bands that fit that bill, Steely Dan for example are miles ahead of what SX are doing lyrically, but that doesn`t mean Symphony X`s lyrics are bad, like Dark Wolf or whatever said.

Oh yes, Reelin in the Years is so much deeper and more interesting than The Odyssey :rolleyes: