VISIGOTH

Sorry bud, but that statement is a bit ridiculous.

Unless you have it in writing that you own exclusive rights to those demo tracks , the band can do whatever they want.

uuummmm Jason...the metal word is a sacred bond made in steel and iron and forged by the tongues of the flame!! That cassette recording is sacred to analog!!!! By the Gods it shall remain!!!

Attempting to limit a band's recordings to a cassette that is long out of print? I could see if someone else was going to repress another version on cassette and that being an issue, but on another format completely to keep material in print for those who don't like downloads and who no longer have a tape deck seems fine to me. Hell, we are discussing a hypothetical. I am still talking to Jake about possibilities.

Attempting to limit a band's recordings to a cassette that is long out of print? I could see if someone else was going to repress another version on cassette and that being an issue, but on another format completely to keep material in print for those who don't like downloads and who no longer have a tape deck seems fine to me. Hell, we are discussing a hypothetical. I am still talking to Jake about possibilities.

I want it on CD...I am sick of people doing only certain formats for a release.

Im not limiting anything, all im saying is what the band told me at the time of the release. Maybe their opinions on it have changed 2.5 years later

they have entertained my offer, so it seems it may have. People can always change their minds and maybe they have realized with the exposure Metal Blade will give them means more people want to enjoy their past recordings on a format other than that what initially offered. Makes complete sense to me, and probably others as well.

So far the biggest surprise of 2015 for me. Killer album. It would make a killer Friday PP opener :headbang: (if not Pathfinder Fest would be great too)

I hope they can find a good Power band to support in Europe as it is the main market for this style so they can get some traction going.

They're playing with some kickass bands in Europe in 2016, by then should be rolling. And opening for Virgin Steele ain't bad either...

GNTDZtQ.jpg

VISIGOTH ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH NIGHT DEMON; “DUNGEON MASTER” / “MAMMOTH RIDER” LIVE VIDEO STREAMING

"...This spring, Salt Lake City's Visigoth will embark on their first national trek with headliners Night Demon. The heavy metal quintet will be touring in support of their recently released debut, The Revenant King. For a preview of their epic live show, check out the new video for "Dungeon Master" and "Mammoth Rider", shot at the Frost And Fire Festival last year..."

Tour dates:

April
8 - Albuquerque, NM - Launchpad
11 - San Antonio, TX - Korova
12 - Austin, TX - Beerland
14 - Houston, TX - Rudyard's
15 - Ft. Worth, TX - Grotto
19 - Atlanta, GA - TBA
22 - Asheville, NC - Odditorium *
25 - Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Necktie *
26 - Portland, ME - Geno's Rock Club *
28 - Boston, MA - Great Scott *