Visual music

Skepticism-simply, for the music lends itself to stirring your imagination. "Blessing of Tears"--Robert Fripp's soundsscapes. Lately, for me, it's been "Copia"--Eluvium. Maybe one more, "Conquest of Paradise"--Vangelis.

TOOL is the most visual music to ever exist! Going to their concert was the biggest load of inspiration I've EVER gotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried it several times, but it only worked once, and for what I know that might have been placebo. However - if it may not give you the feeling of ecstacy or marihuana or whatever - it makes you really calm and dreamy, especially when you're laying in your bed at night.

TOOL is the most visual music to ever exist! Going to their concert was the biggest load of inspiration I've EVER gotten.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bLvVSgoV4

You need to check out some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread, then. Tool are a good rock band but nowhere near what you're describing, at least for me personally. You should check out the last three ISIS albums if you haven't already.

I love Isis, Pelican, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Lustmord, SMW... pretty much everything that's been posted in this thread. I thought we were talking about what visually inspires us and triggers our imaginations? Well, for me, nothing does that better than Tool.

Fucking heaps, but I'll name a couple. Of course Deathspell Omega- Fas, then say The Axis Of Perdition- Deleted Scenes from the Transition Hospital takes you to quite an odd place. Agreeing with the majority here. Plus of course Earthless on the lines of what Don is saying pretty much all good psych rock takes you on a journey. Plus mayp hit the mark as well as any good Post Rock is always very visual. Basically any band where the songwriting is good enough that the concept paints a picture for the listener is obviously visual, which means thousands of bands.

I think that Visual music is quite subjective... I think everyone's imagination is sparked by different things.

Most of visual music that works for me is instrumental since I tend to be affected by lyrics and once I pay attention, it's no longer a sub-conscious thing, which is what I think the thread starter meant (correct me if I'm wrong). Bands like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Pain of Salvation usually bring me emotions as opposed to "visions"