Vital Information

sclemur

Jul 23, 2002
Barcelona
Visit site
Sorry but whenever I feel that a band is worthy I cannot help but telling everyone about it, whether it's the most appropiate place to do that or not.
A few days ago I had the enormous pleasure of watching Vital Information live, and I'm still shocked by the KILLER performance it was. The show was great not only by the terrific musicianship they showed but also by the very relaxed atmosphere that they create between them and the audience.
For those who doesn't know, Vital Information is a jazz/fusion oriented band featuring Steve Smith, Frank Gambale, Tom Coster an Baron Browne. In particular interest for me was to see for the first time in my life Frank Gambale, who I had never been very fond of musically (his great chops are out of any discussion). However I was truly impressed by the tasteful performance he did, which wasn't left of some of the most jaw-dropping shredding lines (always in fusion key) I've ever heard from him, and extremely inspired improvisational skills. Not less surprising was the fact that he speaks Spanish really well!

As they may be touring Europe now, my recommendation is that if you like jazz/fusion styles or in general great musicianship, Vital Information is a band that you shouldn't miss.

They played in a cool venue only minutes away from where I live, last week.
Wasn't able to make it though :(

D.