vital remains/cattle decapitation

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
highly recommended show (playing providence 5/8, greg/toby/alex/josh/SAM/mia/other nick/unhippy/et al), if only to see glen benton wearing full on LORD HUMONGOUS gear and lighted guitars and spiked/riveted boots and shirtless JACKED UP asian dudes.

on a more serious note, i would say cattle decapitation's vocalist is the best i've ever heard in a live setting, EOS. and maybe the best band i've seen (!), AFAIK.

worth $10 i paid. if 'ragmen' are opening, definitely skip the fuck out of them IMHO.

FTW.

this show is coming here soon; vital remains in forever underground era was definitely an awesome show. joe lewis on bass/vox was great- he had that stage presence on par with the guy from angelcorpse. the album after that i cared for nada, but i heard good things about this record. just may venture out for it next tuesday.

speaking of angelcorpse, isn't ornament of disgrace their new band? they're on the bill here for this show too.

alex, go anyway. seriously.

chupe, i don't know! this is a question for the Billy Milano forum!

i remember hearing VR many years ago, and wasn't so impressed. but this was sort of impressive, complete with glen benton reading lyrics from a laminated 3 ring binder at his (studded chapped harley booted) feet!

they tour in a modded (half-size!!??) RV camper w/ uhaul attatched, which is really sad. the merch guy must have weighed in at 375, and the rest of the band is HUGE.

chupe, doesn't the main guy (d. suzuki?) go back and forth between drums and guitar, depending on the LP? his guitarwork last night was pretty awesome for fairly wanky DM.

goatschool, here's what you need to do:

convince TOBY that, instead of going to CT on Saturday night and returning Sunday afternoon, he will go on Sunday morning and return on Sunday evening. then i can ride with him and not lose a day needed for schoolwork.

azal that is exciting. i think you have quite a cool scene out there.

but you don't have cattle decapitation, the shining star of n.american grind.

also, two different styles of music. w/e. all good.

good times. good times.

toby, i'm not kidding when i say this: mr. deicide's leather armor makes him resemble a giant hairy reptile, and here's why: the fucking thing is constructed as if SEGMENTED LIKE A DEATHWORM, and also, it has BACK CARAPACE SPIKES.

his vocals are awesome from behind the black leather hockey mask (does this for the first song). comment from a roommate: "he looks like the gimp from pulp fiction"

gschoolio- yeah, dave suzuki did both the drums and the lead guitarwork on forever underground, and it's all amazing. he's really damn good at both. i thought i heard he's playing guitar this tour? when i saw them on tour for FU, he played drums and they had a stand in guitarist with short punky bleached blond hair. then i saw them play a show with whats-his-face (anton crowley?) and was unimpressed- not sure he's still in the band. but they were less tasteful overall than the FU show, more in yer face metal/satanic/stupid. being quiet exhibits a certain wisdom, even if it is false.

and when they toured back then, they showed up in a dingy white volkswagon van that was crammed to the gills and had a small uhaul trailer attached. although there were only 4 of them then.
and last time i saw deicide (with morbid anglos i believe) they were all dressed up like that wrestling team from the 80s- diesel and whatshisname. with the metal plates and armor? and one guy had a gimp mask on.