Vital Remains guitar parts

Not for Dechristianize though, Dave wrote everything (bass/guitar/drums/vox) except for a few leads that Tony did, and the very little lyrical input from Glen.

Jaar-Gilon said:
Not for Dechristianize though, Dave wrote everything (bass/guitar/drums/vox) except for a few leads that Tony did, and the very little lyrical input from Glen.

No. Tony wrote ALL THE RIFFS. Dave wrote the lyrics, and all the leads and harmonies. Glen had no input except for vocal lines.

SlaughterofSoul said:
No. Tony wrote ALL THE RIFFS. Dave wrote the lyrics, and all the leads and harmonies. Glen had no input except for vocal lines.
Yep. This information is explicitly clear in the liner notes.

Lazaro is great, but Suzuki is a frickin' god.

No, Dave wrote most of the riffs, i read an interview with him saying that he set out everything for EVERY song and then got tony in to do a couple of leads, i dunno whats goin on with the booklet though.

Gee let's see, what am I going to believe?

a) The highly detailed liner notes from the band (you should read them).
b) Some dude that read some interview who provides zero proof, like a link or even the name of the publication of this mystery interview.

ive got the album, ive read the notes. I dont have the link because it was a while ago and i hadnt anticipated some stupid fucken argument from some meathead wanker. I have read him talking about the riffs, and ive read him in the liner notes, its more fun when arguments have conflict. dont you think?

Taken from an interview with Tony Lazaro which can be found at http://www.metalupdate.com/interviewvital2.html

MU: It sounds like you trimmed the fat and went into the studio with the core of Vital Remains and tore it up.

TL: Absolutely. We wanted a more brutal record than 'Dawn Of The Apocalypse'. To be honest with you, I didn't think we could top that record. It took me over a year to write 'Dechristianize'. I wrote all the music. I would sit here until I had the song down. It took a long time to get the foundation of the music down. Then, finally, Dave was able to throw some harmonies in there and leads. And then we were stuck because we were like "What about the lyrics?" Dave took the reigns and came through with the lyrics, which are totally sick and blasphemous. It just makes you look at Dave in another way. You always got to worry about the quiet ones, bro. (laughs)

Jaar-Gilon said:
its more fun when arguments have conflict. dont you think?
I don't prefer conflict in arguments, I prefer substance. Thank you for providing, SlaughterofSoul.