Vocal recordings video (and maybe the shittest looking studio you have ever seen)

Ronixis

Rocket surgeon
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
Well here's a brief update from the current state of our recordings. It's me singing. Oh, and the band is called Nerve End. If anyone is interested in the gear or production details, feel free to ask. And also please say if you see that something in my setup is totally fucked up :loco:
My recording techniques are on the level where most of things are just results of trial and error.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these vocals a lot....all recorded with that SM57??.... do you mind to tell more about these vocals?? By the way, that's very nice song!!!

at first i was weirdid out by these vocal's.. but they sound fresh to me. there not normal and thats what i like about it!

p.s. how come you fins are all so rad at guitar?:Spin:

The first few seconds really threw me off! I was like "What the FUUUUUUUUUUU*K is this ... ?" and then after a few more seconds I just "got it" and it started sounding awesome instead :D Very cool and as already said, FRESH vocals! It's really cool... something new, I like it!

Thanks for the great comments! Yeah, all vocals are recorded with SM57. It sounded most suitable out of SM58 and SM58b we tested out. Vocal tracks have Blockfish compressor (close-up vocals preset) + some reverb and delay. No eq, outboard gear or anything. There's also loads of tracks, almost every vocal take is doubled. Harmonies are mostly panned Left and Right, with 2 or 4 takes layered. All tracks are recorded though Mackie Onyx Satellite.

The first few seconds really threw me off! I was like "What the FUUUUUUUUUUU*K is this ... ?" and then after a few more seconds I just "got it" and it started sounding awesome instead :D Very cool and as already said, FRESH vocals! It's really cool... something new, I like it!

THIS!

Those first vocals my god, I nearly fell off my chair. But then it made sense when the music came in :lol: