Looking for metal recordings to mix for free

racy

Studio Runner
Oct 31, 2009
Okay, a little bit about me seen as this is my first post, I originally began as a guitarist playing lead and rhythm guitar. I got into the recording side because I was really into metal and after seeing vids of bands in studios it seemed really fun.

A coupla years later I've got some experience across different studios, live venues and festivals and am on my 2nd year on a music tech course.

I still have yet to record / mix a metal song though, if anybody has any recordings they have done that I could mix for free I would be grateful.

I'm looking for fairly solidly tracked parts (not looking to spend hours editing sloppy playing, but I don't mind nudging the odd part into place)

I use Logic pro 9 so if you tracked in anything else then make sure it's in .wav format with all of the exported regions starting at the same place (so that I can import them in time) also state the sample rate and bit rate you tracked in.

I don't be using any outboard equipment but have gotten fairly proficient with the stock plugins that come with Logic,

finally all I ask in return is that I can include this work in my portfolio (credit given to the band and recording engineer of course)

I don't come on this forum much so if this is something you're interested in then drop me an email at racy1@hotmail.com including the band name, track name, recording engineer's name and we'll work something out.

peace

Just scour the boards for raw files, they're posted up all the time for people to fuck with.

Use the fucking search bar, jesus.

Just scour the boards for raw files, they're posted up all the time for people to fuck with.

Use the fucking search bar, jesus.

reet, searched for "raw files" search function won't let me search because "raw" is not long enough + I have to wait between search's to try again, so will keep on that

would appreciate some newer stuff though rather than going through mixes that have been rinsed by countless other AE's

thanks

reet, searched for "raw files" search function won't let me search because "raw" is not long enough + I have to wait between search's to try again, so will keep on that

would appreciate some newer stuff though rather than going through mixes that have been rinsed by countless other AE's

thanks

Presumably you want the raws for practice anyway, so you can get better at mixing? What does it fucking matter if lots of other people have mixed the tracks?

Presumably you want the raws for practice anyway, so you can get better at mixing? What does it fucking matter if lots of other people have mixed the tracks?

"finally all I ask in return is that I can include this work in my portfolio (credit given to the band and recording engineer of course)"

It is half for practice but mainly for building up a collection of my work, although beggars can't be choosers it would be nice to have a song on my portfolio that hasn't been mixed by countless other people before,

@Skeksis - cheers man I overlooked that, I'll read through now

You could, yknow, get less lazy and hustle with individuals more.

I've slowly built up a bit of a portfolio by collaborating on tracks with members of this forum rather than just saying OH HAI GUISE CAN I MIX UR SHIT PLZ
It's a fucking cop-out IMO man.

You could, yknow, get less lazy and hustle with individuals more.

I've slowly built up a bit of a portfolio by collaborating on tracks with members of this forum rather than just saying OH HAI GUISE CAN I MIX UR SHIT PLZ
It's a fucking cop-out IMO man.

Sure I'm happy to collaborate on anything, I don't really have the right environment for decent tracking but will give it a shot if that makes me look like less of a lazy bastard who's just stopping in to grab some tracks to mix

Just to clarify, I'm not looking to undercut/steal work from anyone here, I'm just looking to build up something clients can listen to first before charging.

Hope that negates at least a little of the hostility, I'm guessing the rest comes from multiple people coming on (like myself) ignorant and posting threads like this over and over?

Doesn't matter if you can't track the shit, it hasn't mattered for me.

Make friends with some people and offer to mix their tracks if you want material no-one else has touched.
and as for the hostility, it's half the constant "GIEF RAWZ PLZ" topics and half the fact that I'm a cunt

Doesn't matter if you can't track the shit, it hasn't mattered for me.

Make friends with some people and offer to mix their tracks if you want material no-one else has touched.
and as for the hostility, it's half the constant "GIEF RAWZ PLZ" topics and half the fact that I'm a cunt

It's cool man, I get the same way on other forums when you get the new guys coming in asking the same questions over and over.

I'll try and contribute a bit more before asking for any "RAWZ PLZ" It's just searching through older posts quite a few of the uploaded files (to places like mediafire) have been deleted with them taking up so much room, so I'm struggling to get ahold of any that are still online,

cheers

also, no offense but if these are half for practice, half for portfolio, that's a sorta worry.

if youre practicing as you mix shit thats gonna represent you, you're not ready to charge IMO. I learnt this the hard way.

also, no offense but if these are half for practice, half for portfolio, that's a sorta worry.

if youre practicing as you mix shit thats gonna represent you, you're not ready to charge IMO. I learnt this the hard way.

You're probably right mate, I mean I'm happy with my mixing in other styles (EDM, Indie, Punk) but metal could be harder to mix than I initially thought, so maybe I should start these as practice and then when I'm really happy start building up the portfolio.