Will Mix/Master For Free

coxda576

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm an Engineer in NZ looking to network online.

I'll mix and master your projects for free as I know we musos have very limited budgets, all I ask is that you put my name on the production notes if you use my mixes.

Of course If your happy with my work and want to throw money my way I won't complain, but isn't strictly necessary.

I have a background of mostly metal/heavy rock so I know what the good stuff should sound like.

Let me know if your interested, preferably by email coxda576@gmail.com

Cheers

Not trying to kill definately this job as such...just want to hook up the people who can't afford studio's etc, all for the passion my man

I've got nothing against this but your marketing is way off :lol:
if you want to mix/master people dont come to a recording forum, goto a guitar one where people probably have some decent ideas but not the skill, ears or equpiment to execute it. Just a thought

Ok there are tons of free stuff available to mix/master on this forum and you can mix all these things for passion.
But when you come here, where lot of people do this as a job, it's kinda uncorrect (in my opinion).
A best way is to say "ok I mix "one thing" for free...the first one that wanna try".
Moreover, wrong section.

So am I wrong by offering my services for free in order to build relationships? Or am I wrong because I am offering better rates than others? I'm not sure why I'm being incorrect, people don't have to send me their mixes, they can send them to someone doing it 'as a job' and maybe they'll get better results, or maybe not, depending on whether they send it to a chump or not. I'm not sure quite how I'm offending you in this

I can understand the concern that pro studios might have re: your free service, but i think what you are doing is great for someone like me who can't afford to pay for mixing/mastering right now, anayway At the very least, you would provide a "second opinion" to someone like me who is going to mix my own tunes.
As to your critiques, think of this as kind of an "internship", where you work for free for awhile, than gain the necessary skills to charge in the near future. I might give you a song soon, to try you out.
Do you do reamping?

Ok there are tons of free stuff available to mix/master on this forum and you can mix all these things for passion.
But when you come here, where lot of people do this as a job, it's kinda uncorrect (in my opinion).
A best way is to say "ok I mix "one thing" for free...the first one that wanna try".
Moreover, wrong section.

+1