Vocals Completed For New Studio Album

May 28, 2004
Tokyo
Florida death metal veterans DEICIDE in January entered AudioHammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER) to begin recording their new album for a late 2013 release via Century Media Records.

In a new Facebook message, the band states: "Vocals [are] done! Steve [Asheim, drums] goes in this week to complete drum edits and then the mixing process begins and then on to mastering, Century Media will be doing a press release shortly to announce the title and track listing and cover art... [We] can't wait to unleash this beast upon you."

Asheim recently told Decibel magazine about DEICIDE's working relationship with Suecof: "It's awesome! I've known Jason since '08. I had been going out to do the ORDER OF ENNEAD records with him. The last DEICIDE record we did with Mark [Lewis], but I've known Jason a long time, so I asked him if he was into it. He said, 'Absolutely!' I wanted to get one done ovith him before something happens. You never know."

Regarding the lyrical themes covered on the new DEICIDE album, Asheim said: "[The lyrics] are typical Glen Benton. Blasphemous, brutal rhetoric. We're going to get down and dirty this Blasphemous, brutal rhetoric. We're going to get down and dirty this time around, so expect the lyrics to be brutal."

According to Asheim, longtime fans will pick up on nuances inspired by the almighty "Legion" effort. "Jason wanted to capture the 'Legion' feel," the drummer said. "We're wanting Glen's vocals to sound more old-school. So, it's a bit of the new with a little throwback action."

As for DEICIDE's time at Audiohammer, Asheim said: "It's pretty cut-and-dried these days. I've known Jason a few years. I kind of know his methodology, how he works. It's a far drive, so we'll spend two or three nights there. Once we knock it out, we'll end up partying. We repeat that the next day."

:kickass: