Voivod tonight in Houston!!

Ok, for those of you who have never dealt with record labels and guest list spots, this will be a learning lesson for you... Papa got screwed last night..

It's happened before (Deicide, Morbid Angel)...

Apparently someone did not get my name to the list, no press/photo pass. Usually this isn't a problem as I just go to the band's bus and talk to somebody and explain the situation. Last night this was not to be. Apparently, Voivod had already started, but the power went down, so they were outside where I could see them but not get to them. Upon telling some dipshit with the club about my situation, I was told that they were dealing with the power and "didn't have time to deal with me."

Then this same asshole got in his truck with another asshole and proceeded to get loaded... after about 15 minutes of standing outside next to a self proclaimed felon who was proudly kicked out of the venue twice (who also was wearing a confederate flag on his head in a part of town were he's just asking for trouble) and bragging about he can't go back to prison... I decided to go home to the wife and dinner.

I realize it wasn't the band's fault, especially considering their situation last night, but I am mad at Chophouse Records for not making sure I was covered. You drive 30-45 minutes to a venue only to find somebody doesn't have their shit together... luckily I had a phat sweet to smoke there and back.. :erk:

that completely blows chunks ... sounds like this Voivod tour has been plagued with problems from the start.

Damn - that is a sorry state of affairs!

I don't think RC has any affiliation with Chophouse, but in future, if a band is touring and they're with CM or Nuclear Blast etc. then talk to Mark about arranging for your press entry.

I'm already covered with all of those labels, I've been dealing with them for years now, it's the newer ones that I don't have an established relationship with.

But a lot of the times it's up to the tour manager. The label is in another state... what can they do? And like I said, last night was a bad night from what I hear..

There is a good ending to the story. My contact at Chophouse contacted me and let me know that he spoke with the tour manager that morning and everything was good to go at the time.... so to make up for it, they are going to see what they can do for me in regards to Ozzfest. :)

Papa Josh said:
There is a good ending to the story. My contact at Chophouse contacted me and let me know that he spoke with the tour manager that morning and everything was good to go at the time.... so to make up for it, they are going to see what they can do for me in regards to Ozzfest. :)

Who from Chophouse is playing at Ozzfest? Is Voivod?

Damn - you get to see Cradle of Filth do Damnation shit live!