Volbeat...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I'm really getting in this band.. and fast. Soulweeper is an awesome song I hope they play it. The band sure it has that rockabilly feel in the vocals and The Misfits feel as well, but the songs are fairly heavy (some of them), and generally catchy (without being.. cheesy/commercial). Seems like really well written music.

Glad this band got added.

I have to say that I am really excited about this band based on what I have heard (i.e. their MySpace page). One of my best friends is a huge rockabilly and metal fan, and I think he is going to flip when he hears them.

A friend in Holland got me into this band recently. I'm pretty much digging them. I felt like the only fool in the place that threw up the horns and a "woohoo" when they were announced. Maybe it's just where I was standing, hehe

I was just previewing these guys on eMusic (their first album, The Strength / The Sound / The Songs is on there). Sounds good - some pretty heavy, old-school sound to them (I see where the "rockabilly" reference comes in). Pretty sweet! This may end up being one of the bigger surprises of the show. Also, look them up on Wikipedia - seems they are doing very good in Holland, outbesting many of the so-called "mainstream" bands in the top sales and such.

A friend in Holland got me into this band recently. I'm pretty much digging them. I felt like the only fool in the place that threw up the horns and a "woohoo" when they were announced. Maybe it's just where I was standing, hehe

I laughed first (which is what I always do when the "oddball" band is announced), and then I cheered. :)

Listen to the vocalist's chuckles and that's where you'll hear it... you'll hear that 'hound dog'ness.

And yeah seems that they are doing great in Denmark. Heh maybe Vans will be there selling some shoes! (they are sponsored by Vans).

I had no idea who these guys were at all, but now that I'm listening to them I'm glad they're on the bill. I'm a fan of old rock and roll/rockabilly/"outlaw" country myself so this is right up my alley. Very unexpected, but a pleasant surprise.

Volbeat are quite good..Ya'll heard their cover of "Sad Mans Tongue' it rocks along with their other stuff, they are different..:headbang:

Wow, references to rockabilly and 50's music, now that's strange. From the sample Glenn played during the announcement I got none of that. Judging from the small sample that was played, they sounded sort of like Down, which isn't a bad thing. Am I wrong in making that comparison?

~Brian~