Volbeat's new album title announced

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
I'm looking so forward to this disc, and I hope that one day, despite the problems from before they are able to make it to Progpower.

Danish metal rock 'n' rollers VOLBEAT have set "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven" as the title of their fourth studio album, tentatively due in Europe in September. The CD will once again be recorded at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark with producer Jacob Hansen.

Commented guitarist/vocalist Michael Poulsen: "The title refers to the overall theme of the album, and it continues the storyline from where [the last VOLBEAT CD] 'Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood' left off…

VOLBEAT is "very excited about the writing process, carrying the songs into both extreme metallic territory, punk variations and some very catchy stuff at the same time," according to a posting on the band's web site. In addition, fans can expect to hear various guest musicians on the CD.

Added Poulsen: "We have fast, slow and mid-tempo songs. We still blend different styles of punk, rock 'n' roll, rockabilly, metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, country — we still keep it very open, it's just music! I cannot say too much about it right now, but we're really excited about it and it's going to be very, very cool. Again, we're going to give people something they haven't heard before. We always try to do something special and different on each and every album."

A video message from VOLBEAT regarding the new album title and the songwriting process for the new CD can be viewed at this location .

"Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood", the third studio album from VOLBEAT, received a U.S. release in March 2009 via Mascot Records. The follow-up to "Rock The Rebel / Metal The Devil" featured 14 tracks, including a SOCIAL DISTORTION cover as a bonus cut on all editions.

"Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" was certified gold in Denmark for sales in excess of 20,000 copies less than a month after its release. The CD entered the Danish chart at No. 1, and was beaten only by METALLICA's "Death Magnetic" in its second week of release.

This is one of those bands that I could not get into though I tried prior to their schedule PP performance. Then when they "made other plans", I stopped trying. BUT, found them in my iTunes recently and started to listen to them again. For some reason, this time around they clicked for me and I can't get enough. Looking forward to the new album. Wish they could return to PP, but after the last mess, not gonna hold my breath. Still, stranger things have happened...