VOlume and pumpin' problem with the mix!

Nico_pitty

Nick
Jun 22, 2011
Milan
Hi guys....i have recently started to do a right mix without having any clipping in each channel!!!! i do compressions and parallel compressions....
In other words...i have audio channels of each drum instrument(Kick,Snare,Tom,CRash,CHina,etc...) I send Snare Kick HiTom and LoTOm (after adding eq,comp and limiting in every single channel) in a group channel called drum comp and here i insert a compressor... then i send all the cymbals in a channel group called over and here i eq and comp...Then i do parallel compression to Kick Snare HiTom and LoTom with a new channel group called parallel compression...then i send all the group channel (Drum comp,over and parallel compression) To a new group channel called All drum where i do the mastering of all components of the drum...i send this channel group to the group channel called master,in case of adding new effects....
Afer this process drum doesnt sound very well...i'm not able to obtain right volume levels...i have the volume kick and LoTom too loud and the volume snare is too low ...thechannel all drum is always in clipping because the snare in some point of the track clips or pump up!!! what do i have to do guys????

If there is too much pumping, adjust your compressor. It sounds like your useing way too much compression, which is probably why your drums "do not sound very well". (you have compression on individual tracks, those tracks are compressed at group, they are also compressed at parallel, and then again as a whole) Unless I am misreading.

You need to work on balancing your volumes. If you're clipping, turn it down. Balance your mix, and achieve volume on the master.