Voodoo Terror Tribe – Voodoo Terror Tribe

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Voodoo Terror Tribe – Voodoo Terror Tribe
Vudu Records – No Barcode given – Unknown release date
By Dan Fisher

Voodoo.jpg

Voodoo Terror Tribe are a New Jersey based band that fuse a mixture of primal beats and grooves with the chuggy sound of the late nineties nu and alternative metal scene.

As far as I can tell, they are currently in the studio recording the final versions of the rough mixes I have here before me. My first impression is that they know how to structure a song which is a good start but as the record progresses it becomes apparent that the writing is uninspired. In short, there isn’t anything that floats my boat. The riffing is lazy and although the vocals are accurate enough, the melodies and general timbre of the lead singer’s voice isn't very interesting. To clarify, the vocals lack conviction which probably stems from the uncertainty of what is expected of them; are they supposed to have the modern gravel of metal core or are they more influenced by nu metal like Disturbed? The word 'accurate' is a good way of explaining what this band sound like: everything is in tune, on beat and the songs are well written and structured. However, as the last note of the album faded, I was left with the impression that I wouldn’t be able to remember a single hook or riff after I woke up the next morning. I was right.

Official VTT Website