Vortech - Wasteland [Industrial Metal], available in full for free!

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
Alright, it's once again time for some industrial metal fun with some black metal and grindcore spices, and the ambient interludes aren't forgotten either :)

This time the album is a bit special, since I've got two guest vocals on it. Kraken from Ars Praesagus (tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9) and Closure (ex-Kivimetsän Druidi) on track 1.

Here's the covers (click for full print size):

And the album, sil vous plait:

Full album in one .zip: vortech-wasteland.zip

Separate songs:

01. The Core
02. Evolutionary Project
03. Their Contract
04. Instigate Hostile Reaction
05. Impulse
06. Perdition
07. The Silence
08. Winds of Contamination
09. Radiant Storm
10. Wasteland Roamers

You can also get it/preview it at Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/Vortech/Wasteland

Don't forget to check the website for studio reports and gear stuff:
http://www.vortechmusic.com

Enjoy ;)

The drums are pretty much pure EzDrummer. Only the kick has a sample blended in - two samples, actually :lol: Unfortunately I have no idea where I got the kicks from. I think they're from someone here. Edit: No, wrong kick :lol: Let's see, I think the main kick (100% blend) is actually AC3 from Hammerhead :zombie: Talk about ghetto. Then there's a second kick blended in 53% on top of AC3. I think that's a kick sample from Fear Factory - Edgecrusher intro. And then there's a whole lot of EQing + parallel comp.

If I wouldn't release it for free, no one would hear it :lol: It's just my hobby that I do for fun :)

The drums are pretty much pure Addictive Drums. Only the kick has a sample blended in. Unfortunately I have no idea where I got the kick from. I think it's from someone here. The kick is called Midscoop2.wav (514 kB, 526 256 bytes) and it's from March 11, 2006 (48 kHz 24-bit stereo). That's all I know of it :p

Wow, man, I have never heard of Addictive Drums before, checking out the site, now I'm debating between this and Slate drums thanks to you! :headbang:

Hold your horses, I was thinking of the wrong album. I'm using AD on the new, incomplete Vortech album that I'm working on. Wasteland is just EzDrummer :) But AD is very nice too. A little more organic sound and drumrolls sound better on AD than EZD. AD has an unlimited demo version, but it only comes with a small drum selection. The full version has more drums.

Thanks for the free tunes. :kickass:
You should sell it here:

012304_goodstuff.jpg

There will be a full page interview and a review for Wasteland on the next Miasma magazine and Vortech was chose as the Internet Discovery of the Week on the Finnish online metal radio, Pommiradio :)

I'm currently working on some industrial things for the next album, and then do a few more metal songs to have about 12 songs for the next album's recording sometime in Feb/Mar 2008 8)