Vreid - Songen At Fangen

Opeth17 said:
U.S. release dates>Euro release dates

You're such a patriot. :loco: Glad you liked this album too. I didn't get a press release with it for some reason, but when I checked their website, they list it as a 2004 so there you go. However, the US promos weren't out until 2005 so there is absolutely no way anyone could have got to this in 2004...

spaffe said:
That aside that song is marvelous, I seldom start rocking to a song the first time I hear it but this one made my head beat and fingers drum franticly on my desk :kickass: Those folky riffs, breaks and drumming style is the very essnce of a groovy song in my book

Exactly!! On the first listen I was like "woah". o_O

I was just making conversation by saying "fucking sucks." :Spin: But it was perfectly bland, didn't capture my attention at all.

EDIT: Listening again, it's perfectly okay and nothing more. Sounds like a bunch of other black metal bands that I recognize as being decent, but will never bother listening to. File this one under Immortal.

JayKeeley said:
Have you heard it then? Man, this just grows on me. :kickass:

It is a tad like new Darkthrone, in the sense that it has that thrash/punk feel to it, but there's much more folk melody throughout. Track #3 with the mellotron is essential stuff.

This was an 8/10, but then this song comes on at the end and I'm like.....YESSSS!!!!!! Fucking brill.

I had the promo for a few days before I sent it to Opeth17 for a UM review. It is one of a handful that I wish I would have at least ripped to my computer. I listened to it a couple times, and I thought it was very good. But I knew I wouldn't have time to review it, so I reluctantly sent it to another reviewer. I VERY rarely keep a promo anymore . . . unless I'm going to review it. However, I have started ripping all the good ones.

This release had good reviews in every magazine I know of.

edit: This song that is uploaded is a lot better than all of the other one's I've heard. There are some great riffs here, but some ones I could do without. It is quite obvious that these guys have the potential to make some simply stunning music, but I don't think it's happening quite yet.

8/10

Ooh, it is good. I like it, but as Henrik and others have said it's not 9/10 material. Still very good though :)

I agree with Henrik. A very solid release, and I actually enjoy it more than I enjoy a lot of Windir's material, but it still leaves a little bit to be desired... I'll definately keep an eye on their future releases, though!

YES! I knew I'd started a thread on this....this album is outstanding!! I absolutely stick by my 9/10 rating.

That is all.

Oh, if this truly were a 2005 release, it would easily make my top 10 list.

Vreid >>>> Windir (sorry, but 'tis true)

I need this album.

JayK, I don't think you can say "Vreid >>>> Windir" when Vreid has only put out 1 album (which admittedly I have not heard). Even if you don't like all of Windir's catalog (most don't, it seems), they have 2 absolutely brilliant records at least.

http://www.vreid.no/mp3/VreidKraft02RapedByLight.mp3

this song fucking rules big time ... this is the type of BM i like ... not that fucking toilet recorded bullshit

holy crap Tully is in the band

MemberHvall.jpg

I got tired of Vreid soon enough. I liked how they covered "Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss", though, I'll give 'em that. I've actually listened quite a bit to Windir recently, though! So I think I'll have to retract my statement concerning Vreid being better than Windir. That's just not the case.

Gugs = lurch = JK = agreement on Vreid

*adds Vreid to our RC "Day of the Dead" Metal Festival roster* :kickass:

And they only have to play that one song. :loco: Twice. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Gugs = lurch = JK = agreement on Vreid

*adds Vreid to our RC "Day of the Dead" Metal Festival roster* :kickass:

i am still totally serious with this shit ...
my moneybags friend is ready to put up some dough ...
we should seriously consider pulling this off.

those of you going to the Heathen Festival take a sober 30 minutes and talk to the organizer (i know he frequents this board) and try to get some insight on putting something like this together

looking forward to this challenge ...