VST EQ plug.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
I am looking for a better eq plug than cubase supplies :puke: . I just watched a demo of sonar 5 or 6? Whatever the newest version is, and I loved that eq. I am looking for something simular to that, with q settings and such. I am willing to pay for it (as I know freebees don't do what I am looking for).

Oh and it has to work on mac ;) but not intel.

Hydratone is actually a really nice EQ, try and give it a go. I have a feeling their demo's have annoying beeps or gaps in audio or something like that. For the money, I think its great. The Vavletone is really nice for boosting highs on Overheads, it has a really nice sound to it too.

I would not consider Hydratone as the same tool as Q10. (this is just an example)
While Q10 is great at doing complex "scientific" eq (which is where digital can be superior to analog imo), hydratone is more on the "musical" analog flavoured side. It really depends on what you need.
I love Elemental Audio Equim (thanks Brett for pointing me this one btw) for complex equing (mainly HPf, LPF and notch) and Hydratone when doing more "artistic equing".
Elemental Audio sold their products to another company unfortunately...
I really like the waves SSL channel strip too.

I would not consider Hydratone as the same tool as Q10. (this is just an example)
While Q10 is great at doing complex "scientific" eq (which is where digital can be superior to analog imo), hydratone is more on the "musical" analog flavoured side. It really depends on what you need.
I love Elemental Audio Equim (unfortunately bought by another company) for complex equing (mainly HPf, LPF and notch) and Hydratone when doing more "artistic equing".
I really like the waves SSL channel strip too.

Yeah, this is a very good point actually. The waves Q EQ's are more 'surgical' EQ's, while stuff like Hydratone, URS, SSL and Sonalksis will add a bit of colour.

My favorite Eqs are on the UAD-1 card, Cambridge EQ, Pultec-Pro (will soon try the Neve ones), just amazing... The very best one is without a doubt the Sony Oxford for Powercore or TDM. But if you don't have the cards yet, then $150 is really not enough... And even though, the Sony Oxford is £490 ($950) for TDM, and £675 ($1300) with the GML 8200 Option...
Elemental Audio are good also, very precise and unlimited in their number of bands (you add whatever you need). Never tried the URS. Sonalksis is very good too.

cambridge eq is the only reason I bought the UAD studiopak.
and then you have very very great vintage compressors.
This compressors are great to warm the sound.

But wait to cubase 4 update. It´s cost 160euro and there you have studio eq
studio mutliband comp... 10´eq and 30´eq

Also, am I correct in that TDM plugs are performed on your DSP card, not natively, as to leave your mac with more resources?

spot on!

the core card also takes the load of the machine that having a high track count can cause; and any other little things that add up to killing your cpu.

but yeah the price is A LOT higher for TDM, although you get both TDM and RTAS that way, it's still pricey! any one know why? to keep the riff raff out?? lol

I Love the uads and powercore so much ! mint plug ins. REALLY REALLY wanna try the DUENDE though! anyone had a chance? how are ssl's own plugs compared to the waves, coz well i love them!!

I'd highly recomend the 1073 to ya brett i've never had a chance to get near a real one to see how it compares; but i can tell you that the top end on the plug in is awesome, really sweet no matter how much you crank it. really nice on.... well everything. but it does use a lot of dsp... gaybar