W.A.S.P "30 Years of Thunder" Tour begins in September

I saw them live on The Headless Children tour headlining with Accept and Metal Church. But it would be nice to see them again.

Great live band but you have to hope they don't cancel shows, which they've done to a certain degree in recent years. The other thing is that Blackie is not really the Blackie we all knew and loved anymore. "First four albums only" means you won't be hearing Animal...

I saw them open for KISS in March 1985 (from the 15th row) and again as a headliner (w/openers Slayer and Raven) in January 1987. You may not ever hear anyone else tell you this, but they actually blew away Slayer the night I saw them, and I was really there to see Slayer. In Slayer's defense, Lombardo was not in the band at the time. I saw what I believe was his first show back - at L'amour Brooklyn 4/10/87 - and it was a completely different band. I also saw WASP in March of 2000.

As far as their studio albums go, I began to lose interest after The Headless Children, which I thought was their best (the debut being a close second).

animal hasn't been played live in a few years now, maybe 6-7 years?

i like most of w.a.s.p.'s studio output. very consistant band imo although i hate the way the vocals were mixed on the albums from 1994-2005

WASP has always been a phenomenal live band, whether in an arena or a club, BUT...it always falls on Blackie. If he is in a good mood, if his mic stand can be configured correctly, if his Jack is the right temp and his BVDs aren't constricting him too badly, then he's willing to give an awesome show. If not, then he's content to act like a dick to fan and promoter alike...

He's the perfect example of a guy that could have it all, but repeatedly shoots himself in the foot by being a dick and not recognizing his place in the inglorious world of heavy metal.

Rock on!

WASP has always been a phenomenal live band, whether in an arena or a club, BUT...it always falls on Blackie. If he is in a good mood, if his mic stand can be configured correctly, if his Jack is the right temp and his BVDs aren't constricting him too badly, then he's willing to give an awesome show. If not, then he's content to act like a dick to fan and promoter alike...

He's the perfect example of a guy that could have it all, but repeatedly shoots himself in the foot by being a dick and not recognizing his place in the inglorious world of heavy metal.

Rock on!

I've also read that they use a taped backup vocals during shows. That's probably also the case for other bands as well, but just feels disingenuous to me.