W.E.T.-One Love Jeff Scott Soto,Check out the Video!

WORK OF ART's cd was my #1 release of 2008 hands down. Possibly one of the best AOR releases in the last decade. The most amazing band that often gets overlooked. Big production, big vocals and big songs!

mëtålspëd;8625111 said:
Work of Art is a guilty pleasure of mine, if I must admit.

This is one of my all time favorites. I actually purchased it from Amazon today, along with the Blanc Brothers release, which is criminally overlooked as well!

~Brian~

Dude, "Beautiful Mess" did NOT suck....it just wasn't hard rock/metal. Big difference. It was cool to hear him sing some material that was a little different from the stuff he normally does. I'm looking forward to W.E.T. BIG time.

Agreed... picked up Beautiful Mess when Paganfest was part of last year's Chicago Powerfest (Odd purchase/show combo, I know), and have lost count of how many times I've listened to it since. That said, I can't wait to give this W.E.T. disc a listen.

I finally got a copy of W.E.T. and......I hate to say it, but I'm kinda disappointed. I actually like the last release from Eclipse and Soto's "A Beautiful Mess" much better. I don't know....the production is great, but the songs just feel so.... generic. Soto's vocals kinda sound strained(?) to me, and there is not much soul to them, which saddens me because I'm a HUGE Soto fan (heck, I own just about everything he's done, even the obscure stuff....Skrapp Mettle, Panther, Eyes, Kuni...etc). Maybe if he had co-written the songs, he would have given them that extra push....who knows? I was really looking forward to this release, and was extremely surprised by the lack of enthusiasm I felt after listening to it (several times!).
Oh well.....they can't all be killer cds! Soto still rules.