Wacken - HOLY SHIT!!

with the more metalcore that gets added each year no surprise. But obviously Avantasia and Maiden is a huge draw. Personally, I don't think id ever want to go to a huge festival like that, I dont see how you can enjoy the bands you want ot see when theres going to be thousands just like you and ur stuck 4 and a half miles back :erk:

Wow. Those are some amazing pictures. From 800 people in 1990 to 75,000 this year is just incredible.

I've wanted to go for years, but nowadays I'm pretty invested in the local stuff here. It's obvious that Wacken does not need my dollar. ;) It's tough for me to figure out how to squeeze in a trip like that.

If I were any other girl I'm sure that'd be an option. Not for this chick! I make my own way. :p

Hey!
Wtf? FAIL!

Ha Ha!

Personally, I don't think id ever want to go to a huge festival like that, I dont see how you can enjoy the bands you want ot see when theres going to be thousands just like you and ur stuck 4 and a half miles back :erk:

A show like this is about the overall experience as well.
A friend of mine just got back from Bang Your Head Festival in Germany, which I don't think is near this scale, but the same concept.
He basically said it was just one big party....with lots of Metal.
A 24 hour party tent, and three days of hanging out with friends and other Metalheads in Germany during summer....sounds like a blast to me!
Not to mention seeing (or hearing) some of the best Metal bands around?
Gee...let me think.

I've been there twice and highly recommend it to anyone! But I can't imagine that many people, last time I was there it had 42,000 people and had a hard time moving around.

A show like this is about the overall experience as well.
A friend of mine just got back from Bang Your Head Festival in Germany, which I don't think is near this scale, but the same concept.
He basically said it was just one big party....with lots of Metal.
A 24 hour party tent, and three days of hanging out with friends and other Metalheads in Germany during summer....sounds like a blast to me!
Not to mention seeing (or hearing) some of the best Metal bands around?
Gee...let me think.

I really don't care enough about partying, I can party all I want around here and I dont have to spend 2grand to do it :lol: sure it's cool being with all these different cultures of people but id rather be able to enjoy a majority of the bands. I would like to go to KIT one of these years if they get another amazing lineup..

I went last year ... it was pretty wild. I think there were around 60,000 in attendance .. it was packed. Get VIP passes if you can swing them .. clean toilets, and more perks than the regular ticket holders get with a nice little retreat area. I didn't do the camping bit, but I do think that could be pretty fun depending on whether you like roughing it. We had a rental car, and went the 15 miles or so back and forth each day from Itzehoe.

It's hard to get a good spot for most of the bands, but the sound system is great, and sounds awesome from way, way, away. I did a picture blog below in which I tried to capture the whole experience .. it might be worth your time to look at it if your interested in going.

Next year I might hit Metal Camp .. depending on the lineup.

Britt

http://darktide-britt.blogspot.com/

Unbelievable blog, Britt. Every time I see stuff like that I wanna jump on the next plane...if only for the size of those beers! Haha. Kidding.

I honestly could NOT do the camping thing. Not that I'm a prissy princess, I just have an aversion to nasty smells. Egads.

Always in the back of my mind...