Wacken: 'Left Hand Path' solo in Furnace Funeral

Xenon_Type

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2007
I just saw the DVD of Bloodbath in Wacken 2005 (which was freaking awesome), and I've noticed that during the song 'Furnace Funeral', instead of playing the original solo they have played the incredible solo from Entombed's 'Left Hand Path'.

First of all I wanted to say that it was simply amazing because that solo is so powerful and brutal, and I was thrilled and amazed when I saw that.

Second, I'm kinda curious and wanted to know why did they play that part of Entombed? Was it some kind of a tribute?

He (Mikael) also mentioned Dismember and Entombed before they played 'Brave New Hell' but I didn't understand what he was talking about.

Thanks and have a brutal day.

I guess it was kind of a tribute and on the other hand fitted well, because they didn't had the keyboards of Furnace at the show.
Mike talks about the influences that Bloodbath have.
Entomed, Dismember, also Tampa scene.. Morbid Angel...
something like that

I also love that ending part. Very epic concert ending.

I was waiting for Dan Swano to actually kick into the solo's from Left Hand Path after, this would have been fucking awesome.

I must say the solo from Soul Evisceration sounds much cooler on the live concert than the album version, I think he just follows the core of the rhythm guitar and then plays with it, while the solo in the album is more technical I prefer the live one

Well the first thing i thought of the first time i heard that part in Furnace Funeral on the ep was "this must be an omage to Entombed"

Pfft, kids these days, do your homework, listen to entombed :heh:

Nah, but seriously, you ARE missing out on kick-ass quallity death metal if u dont go check out the first couple of entombed albums asap.