Wacken!!!!!!!!

Since the Opeth forum is down, I figure I'd say: it seems too uncharacteristic of Mike and just... too fascist, really, to actually enforce a credo like "I'll never perform with Bloodbath again". Being the creative Opeth-dude certainly makes one busy, but I'm sure it'll happen again, just like in *some* distant future Porcupine Tree's lead singer will likely duck in for another performance of Bleak and Lawrence Mackrory will likely sing on Chaos vs. Order sometime in the future... we just have to wait, I would guess. So, I would guess that there's hope for those poor fools who weren't at Wacken. I mean, c'mon - would you trust the statement of "We're never gonna end with Demon Of The Fall EVER AGAIN" from Opeth? Squashing a successful, proven thing like that, for all time, would just be daft. We're all being set up for a surprise.

Flame me all you like if there's a thread for this - folks living in their mom's basement :) may feel free to call me on a grevious digital misdemeanor if I'm repeating someone else's words. Wheee!

Bleak Eyes said:
I think that Mr. Nyström himself could perform the death vocals for Bloodbath on tours. What about it Anders?!?
..um, you HAVE heard Blakkheim growl, haven't you? I mean, it's a scream... not a growl....

Bleak Eyes said:
I think that Mr. Nyström himself could perform the death vocals for Bloodbath on tours. What about it Anders?!?

thanx, but not in a million years. i do handle the backing vocals, we all do. but in bloodbath its important to have a sole singer as a frontman!

dont hold your breath for mike's return, he's by legal rights not even allowed for such a position from now on... (contracts etc etc etc)

there is an ongoing discussion in the bloodbath camp right now about the future, i hope we'll reach a decision whether it be new members, or not, a new album, or not, touring, or not and it will be respected.

ah, contracts... truly the most constricting thing that ever happened to musicians.
I guess we can consider ourselves very lucky that we even got that one performance with Mike. And that there will be a DVD (especially for those who weren't there!)... :dopey:

Blakkheim said:
there is an ongoing discussion in the bloodbath camp right now about the future, i hope we'll reach a decision whether it be new members, or not, a new album, or not, touring, or not and it will be respected.

Edit all the "or nots" and Cis will be the happiest snowdrop of the world!!! :)
New album, lots of touring and a new singer, maybe not a superstar this time, better someone who is able to dedicate ALL his time and passion to Bloodbath :headbang:
The Wacken gig was awesome..... ahhh, you already knew that...

Rogga from Paganizer/CrimsonII/Ribspreader would be fully able to handle it. He sounds like Dan Swanö in the hey-days combined with Åkerfeldt, couldn't be much more fitting.

I joined the wacken open air this year. Bloddbath was the best band i have ever seen live on stage. you guys were fucking great!! would you please join austria sometimes?

Jinn said:
..um, you HAVE heard Blakkheim growl, haven't you? I mean, it's a scream... not a growl....
I suppose you are speaking of Diabolical Masquerade? Well, I have heard old Katatonia shows where Anders had to do the vocals....death vocals that is. He did a superb job.

What Anders said about having a sole frontman in Bloodbath is true as well. I am sure that they will find a well suited replacement if they are to tour again. It would be insanely crazy if Anders and Swanö put a band together, brought back Diabolical Masquerade and did a tour. :OMG:

I'd try working on getting Peter back! He has to realize that his Bloodbath performance was better than all his other work, vocally. I know he's busy with Pain and Hypocrisy though, but nobody has a more inhuman voice than him. Even if he was just used for the next album to sing, since he does not write anything for the band it should not be too hard to work around a schedule to record some vocal tracks.