Wacken Open Air in BRAZIL!!!

Vitor

Unconventional [Listener]
Mar 21, 2007
Rio de Janeiro, BR
pt-br.facebook.com
Wacken Open Air organizers have announced that in 2009 ? for the first time ever ? a Brazilian edition of the festival will be held in May.

Dubbed Wacken Rocks Brazil, the event will take place in São Paulo (Sp) on May 17-18, 2009. No bands have yet been confirmed for the festival, but the first names are expected to be announced by the end of 2008 or in early 2009.

The deal was signed by the partners Ics Festival Service GmbH (which organizes the Wacken Open Air festival), Atos and Roadie Crew.

According to Spiegel Online, over 75,000 people from all over the world attended this year's Wacken Open Air festival in the small German town of Wacken.

The festival is now in its 19th year, after having been started in 1990 as a small gathering of local heavy metal bands.

In between events, concert-goers drank, played in the copious mud and socialized with the town's 1,800 year-round residents, who have generally come to enjoy the festival's annual arrival.

http://www.metalrage.com/news/42797

Simplifying:

YOU LOSE, I WIN!!! YOU LOSE, I WIN!!! YOU LOSE...

banana.gif
a_takethatfoo.gif
dancing_cow.gif

um, this probably could have gone in the main GMD forum.

anyways, i may check this out! wacken germany always alludes me, maybe this will be different. plus, thats one more continent off the list.

edit: childrengrinder is still a douche
~gR~

I have always wanted to go to Brazil. It would be so cool to be there when this happened.

My friends and I have been talking about arranging a Brookline Open Air on Cyprus field...the trick would be to either get Mayhem to play or just get some assholes to come and be obnoxious to people, then say that Mayhem won't be performing.