Wacken Open Air was awesome !!

AngelWitch73

Jan 29, 2002
Bayern
www.metalgospel.org
Despite the fact that it rained and the place turned into a huge mud puddle it was awesome !! Some of the highlights were BLAZE, SAVATAGE, HEATHEN, CANDLEMASS, ROTTWEILLER, STORMWARRIOR, METALUCIFER and SABBAT (Japan).

Anyone else go and if so what did you think of it ?

Yeah, Wacken was great this year again.

Ive seen some of the bands AngelWitch73 mentioned and many others too... anybody saw Green Carnation? they were amazing!!!!!

I unfortunately didn't see Green Carnation.... too bad!! I took some pics of some bands, if I have them I'll post them here.
The atmosphere at the festival was great, as always!

The atmosphere was cool as always. It´s fun to hang out with a bunch of Metalheads, drink beer and headbang ! I didn´t care for the mud situation too much though. I´ve got a full report and some photos online at http://www.metalgospel.com if any of you want to check that out.

I didn´t see GREEN CARNATION since I left before they played but I´m not a huge fan of them anyway so it was no big deal...

My camera just broke off there so im interested in all the pics others could take...

Originally posted by TheEmperor
I unfortunately didn't see Green Carnation.... too bad!! I took some pics of some bands, if I have them I'll post them here.
The atmosphere at the festival was great, as always!

GC was amazing. They played the short version of the second album and it was perfect. I wish they would have twice as much time as they had.
It was nice to see some of the In The Woods members again after such a long time.