wacky killer animal mythology

solitudewithin

New Metal Member
Apr 16, 2003
right here
Visit site
I can understand most the song titles, but what's this Banshee about?
At first I thought you guys had a really exentric taste in house-animals :hotjump: ....due to Dennis' "wacky killer animals" remark somewhere on the forum. :)

but then I grabbed a dictionary and found this:

banshee

\Ban"shee\, Banshie \Ban"shie\, n. [Gael. bean-shith fairy; Gael. & Ir. bean woman + Gael. sith fairy.] A supernatural being supposed by the Irish and Scotch peasantry to warn a family of the speedy death of one of its members, by wailing or singing in a mournful voice under the windows of the house.

any partical thoughts on this, or just a name?
you're not getting superstitious are you? :err:

btw. good thing you've kept it instrumental :D

That's exactly what we want.......
People wondering where the hell those titles are al about!
supergrin.gif

Just figure it out dude!

Talking about instrumental song titles......
Where do you think "Four Guilders" is about?
wavey.gif

Rob

www.robvanderloo.com
www.suncaged.com

[Quote:
That's exactly what we want.......
People wondering where the hell those titles are al about! ]

ofcourse, the big "what the hell does that title mean"-issue :)
Just wondering if there was any (funny) story to that title, or if it's just a name that gets people to think there is a story to it... ;)

But since you're not going to tell us which of those it is..., we'll just have to figure something out....

btw. four guilders...to say there were four of you when it was written, would be too easy, and to think of all the things you could buy for 4 guilders, (that's a bit less than 2 euro's now?) would be too cheap...

solitudewithin said:
you really did make a profit of 4 guilders out of a gig? :)
nah... don't even know if you were doing gigs when you wrote four guilders....

Hehehe....No, first I wanted to use it for a solo song but I thought it would be cool to use for SC. So I finished it for about 80% and completed it with the rest of the guys. We didn't even had a vocalist at that time.... I believe it was about a month before Sascha joined the band.

Rob

www.robvanderloo.com
www.suncaged.com

so, it had to do with some event that happened, and with four guilders...
I'm trying to think of funny events concerning four guilders, but nothing funny concerning any amount of money ever happened to me... :erk:

you didn't join the lottery did you? and win 4 whole guilders :Smug:

Ok here goes........

When Sascha was still in the band, we used to rehearse in a town called Baarlo (ProgPower is right nextdoor). Since all band members live spread all over the country (literally), some would have lots of travel expenses, and some of the guys would have few.
We always split all the expenses so it's fair for everyone.
Sascha used to live close to the rehearsal studio. Joost lived about 45 minutes away. I always picked up Joost on my way to rehearsals. One day I decided to bring my entire drumkit (I was sick and tired of the crap provided by the studio), so I wasn't able to pick up Joost. Sascha went to pick up Joost instead. In the end, when we split all our travel exspenses, we all had to pay Sascha four Guilders. This is a rediculously small amount of money (less than $2), but 5 times four Guilders (20 ;) ) is too much to just say "nevermind".
So we all paid Sascha four Guilders and laughed about it for hours.
After that, every time someone would ask something like "could you hand me that cable?", we'd say: "Sure, for four Guilders I will!".
This became a joke that lasted for months and we decided to name one of our songs after it by lack of something better :)

D.

okay, that's it for the 1,81512 euro song,... :)
so we're still left with the Killing Banshee issue :loco:
I don't expect to ever find this out,... but if anyone has a creative idea, just post it,... maybe Rob will give some hints :Spin:

solitudewithin said:
okay, that's it for the 1,81512 euro song,... :)
so we're still left with the Killing Banshee issue :loco:
I don't expect to ever find this out,... but if anyone has a creative idea, just post it,... maybe Rob will give some hints :Spin:

Hhmm...I guess that title has got to do with the fact that we watch much television!
smile.gif

Rob