"Wah"t pedal?

Treadplate

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2017
I'm a recent Theocracy fan and I love what they are doing!

I'm also a guitarist and wanted to know what wah pedal Val is using on Ghost Ship (I.e. Wishing Well solo)? I'm not usually a wah fan - they are too shrill for me, but I love the wah tone Val gets!

Is he still using the Line 6 Bogner amps? With all of the Mark IV videos I've seen of Matt on YouTube I thought he was a Boogie guy. I read somewhere else on here he's more of a Marshall fan. Could have sworn I was hearing a Boogie on AtWB and Ghost Ship.

Thanks for the kind words! I actually just use a basic original crybaby wah. They have the best natural sound to me! You just have to be careful not to use too much gain when using them or the gain will literally drown the wah effect out and bury it. As far as amps go I've been using the Boogie JP2C lately but I prefer the JVM Marshall! On ATWB we used a combo between the JVM and the Dimebag Krank amp with a touch of Maxon Overdrive! The Ghost ship album was similar but with a few amp variations!

Reactions: NightHunter300
Thanks for the kind words! I actually just use a basic original crybaby wah. They have the best natural sound to me! You just have to be careful not to use too much gain when using them or the gain will literally drown the wah effect out and bury it. As far as amps go I've been using the Boogie JP2C lately but I prefer the JVM Marshall! On ATWB we used a combo between the JVM and the Dimebag Krank amp with a touch of Maxon Overdrive! The Ghost ship album was similar but with a few amp variations!

I use a CryBaby wah too! I've had it for a while and love the sound. Just recently became a Theocracy fan. Love your music!