Waldteufel - Heimliches Deutschland

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Anyone heard them?

R088.jpg

And endorsed by someone who might have an idea...

Haughm said:
I've been quite excited by the latest development of Waldteufel (ex-crash Worship, Blood Axis). It used to just be Markus Wolff (marching drums, vocals) and Annabel Lee (violin) but now he has a full five-piece band which includes more drummers, two guitarists, a bassist, etc. Picture various marching snare drummers, German poetry sung in a traditional way, and a wall of dry black metal distortion playing folky riffs! Their Wild Hunt celebration performance this past October at Portland's oldest church was breathtaking. A procession of deer-hide drums beaten with deer hooves, wooden masks, horns, smoke, etc. It was a Haughm-styled wet dream and that was just their intro! Last I spoke with Markus, they were working on a new 12" so look for it. Their track on the "Wir Rufen Deine Wolfe" comp showcases this new style as well.

That one sounds pretty cool, but I'm not too keen on neo-folk type stuff. But please someone tell if this Waldteufel kicks ass or licks ass, if you get it.

I'm more interested in the Lithuanian folk black metal bands he suggested, simply because I first read about them on Vikingblood.net, and now Haughm suggests them, and Haughm is not known to like a lot of metal, so......

I already ordered the Ha Lela album, based on what Vikingblood.net said about it. And they also mentioned the Poocolus album which Haughm also mentioned shares members with Ha Lela and Zpoan Vtenz.

haha, Skyforger. I bought Thunderforge from JayK a while ago. It wasn't too bad, but it didn't really blow me away like I had hoped it would. I had never read a negative review of Skyforger, so I expected a landmark album, and I didn't get it. That may be why I was disappointed.

I also heard there 4th album, which was just straight up non-metal folk songs, and that one was pretty good.

Yeah, I have all 4 Empyrium albums, you'll find a whole lot of fanboys around here. :loco: Weiland and Where at Night are as incredible as Songs of Moors, but that one usually gets the edge from me, because... well I don't really know why!

I've actually had that Waldeufel album on CD-R for ages, but I haven't listened to in yet. But due to this thread, I'll make sure I have a listen later.

not yet.

Haugm's description was pretty on, with the exception that there are no guitars on this release. It's just precussion, violin and vocals. It still rules enormously though.