Walk the Line... ehhh

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
So the wife and I went to see this last night. We wanted to see "Ice Harvest" but the reviews for it are shit. Anyway, I'm not sure what I was expecting, as I know nothing about Johnny Cash. None the less, I found the movie a bit long in the tooth. It held my attention, but simply wasn't that compelling. Both Phoenix and Witherspoon were excellent, but Cash's life was somewhat typical of rock stars, and in the end, wasn't all that fascinating.

Zod

Ice harvest looks horrible. I miss the time when we had the Lord of the Rings trilogy to watch during christmas holidays. This year we won't have any decent film that's worth our money.

AsModEe said:
I miss the time when we had the Lord of the Rings trilogy to watch during christmas holidays. This year we won't have any decent film that's worth our money.
*cough* Harry Potter *HAAAAAACK*

sorry, must've been that bean i ate.

Chromatose said:
I'm looking forward to King Kong, not saying it won't suck, but at least it's something I plan on seeing.
he needs to go back to low budget gore. id rather watch bad taste on loop than sit through those lord of the rings movies again. i mean, a sheep gets blowed up by a stray rocket. tell me something from LOTR thats cooler than that!

neal said:
he needs to go back to low budget gore. id rather watch bad taste on loop than sit through those lord of the rings movies again. i mean, a sheep gets blowed up by a stray rocket. tell me something from LOTR thats cooler than that!

oh yeah, totally.

^i second this.

we tried to go see good night and good luck the night walk the line came out here in nashville - i actually couldnt get in the parking lot. had to drive all the way back home. middle finger in full extension.

re: johnny cash. i simply dont see the appeal. he was FUCKING TERRIBLE. one chord songs. terrrrrrrrrrible vocals. thats all im gonna say because i guarantee someone will come back with something like, "dude, you just dont understand ART man. ART."

re: wither-poon. shes from nashville and whatnot. recently she was on the local news for some silly "the-local-connection-to-stardom" schlep. the anchors gave her a lunchbox with a local mascot on it. the look on her face was priceless.............then i changed the channel.

The Ad's for the new Harry Potter movie are insanely epic, I was almost in tears by the time the short was finished.

I think that Hermione thread will be resurrected before too long.

dorian gray said:
re: johnny cash. i simply dont see the appeal. he was FUCKING TERRIBLE. one chord songs. terrrrrrrrrrible vocals. thats all im gonna say because i guarantee someone will come back with something like, "dude, you just dont understand ART man. ART."
Storytelling imo