Wanna be a movie extra?

Jeff Milne

Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
I'm on the crew of a small independent film now shooting, and the following is from an email from the producer:

"This Saturday, February 5, 2005, we are shooting the church scenes...

We need ...background talents to appear ...There is no pay But, they will be...listening to ...sermons ...[performed] by Walter Koenig (Star Trek, Babylon 5)....

Call time: TBA later this week.

NOTE: Personal digital still photo cameras and recording devices are not permitted on the set. If any are found, you will be asked to leave."

For those too young to recall, Walter played Ensign Chekhov in the original Star Trek series and films. Although the complete film won't be suitable for children, there's nothing objectionable in these scenes, so well behaved children are welcome. I'm told the church is in Culver City, but I don't yet have the exact address. If anyone is interested in being an extra on Saturday [and not making the long drive to Canes to see our beloved MaidenS, or at least not driving down too early] please contact me at jrmilne@aol.com
:wave:

Jeff Milne said:
I'm on the crew of a small independent film now shooting, and the following is from an email from the producer:

"This Saturday, February 5, 2005, we are shooting the church scenes...

We need ...background talents to appear ...There is no pay But, they will be...listening to ...sermons ...[performed] by Walter Koenig (Star Trek, Babylon 5)....

Call time: TBA later this week.

NOTE: Personal digital still photo cameras and recording devices are not permitted on the set. If any are found, you will be asked to leave."

For those too young to recall, Walter played Ensign Chekhov in the original Star Trek series and films. Although the complete film won't be suitable for children, there's nothing objectionable in these scenes, so well behaved children are welcome. I'm told the church is in Culver City, but I don't yet have the exact address. If anyone is interested in being an extra on Saturday [and not making the long drive to Canes to see our beloved MaidenS, or at least not driving down too early] please contact me at jrmilne@aol.com
:wave:
That sounds like fun Jeff. If I didn't have a show I would be tempted ...it would be cool to see Walter Keonig.

Steph Harris said:
That sounds like fun Jeff. If I didn't have a show I would be tempted ...it would be cool to see Walter Keonig.

I know it would be a hassle, but I think the extras will be done fairly early, so you could go and still leave in time to get to San Diego well before showtime.

Also, if anyone cares, I now have the full details, the address is:

St. Mary in Palms
3647 Watseka Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90034-3914

it's a little south of the 10 freeway

Background talent [AKA extras] are to arrive at 10 AM

Jeff Milne said:
I know it would be a hassle, but I think the extras will be done fairly early, so you could go and still leave in time to get to San Diego well before showtime.

Also, if anyone cares, I now have the full details, the address is:

St. Mary in Palms
3647 Watseka Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90034-3914

it's a little south of the 10 freeway

Background talent [AKA extras] are to arrive at 10 AM

I doubt I could have made it..we had an early sound check :( . Oh well. It was a little strange not seeing you there tonight. Hopefully we'll see you at Paladino's. :)

Steph Harris said:
I doubt I could have made it..we had an early sound check :( . Oh well. It was a little strange not seeing you there tonight. Hopefully we'll see you at Paladino's. :)

I've only missed 2 Paladino's shows, and both were well before you joined the MaidenS. Unless there's some catastrophe, I'll be at my regular spot at Paladinos on the 12th.