Wanna be in a movie?

Jeff Milne

Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
One of my bosses is directing a film and asked me to find people to play a band in the BACKGROUND in a night club scene. No actual playing is required [the music will be added in post production], so it doesn't need to be an actual band, it doesn't even need to be actual musicians, but real musicians will fake it better. If needed, all the instruments except a drum set can likely be provided, so hopefully an actual drummer will be interested. I may or may not fill the role of guitarist myself, and we need people for the roles of vocalist, bass player & drummer, and another guitarist would be good too. There is no pay [update: now pays $10] except MAYBE access to the craft service table [if there is one that day]. Currently that scene is scheduled to be shot on August 25th at about 3pm [update: closer to noon]. I'm aware of the concert at Long Beach Arena that night, and I'll be heading over to it myself. I have no info yet about where that scene will be shot, but it's almost certain to be somewhere in the L.A. area. [update: in Hollywood near Sunset & Wilcox]

This is an actual film [called "Until The Night"] guaranteed to be released both theatrically and on DVD because we are a distribution company, but hopefully an even bigger company will pick this film up. The cast includes Norman Reedus, Kathleen Robertson, Missy Crider, Michael T. Weiss, Matthew Settle, Sarah Lassez, Boyd Kestner, and even THERESA RUSSELL! If anyone is interested, please email me at jrmilne@aol.com. I hope to hear from some of you. :)

supernav said:
I'm sure the slots have already been filled. But if for reason they aren't, i can nominate RJ Blaze as vocalist! and grab one of the guys from mother mercy as guitarist, or me if no one else volunteers.

Not all the slots have been filled. If RJ wishes to accept your nomination for the role of vocalist it's fine with me. What's needed most is a drummer or at least someone to loan us a drum set.

supernav said:
I'm sure the slots have already been filled. But if for reason they aren't, i can nominate RJ Blaze as vocalist! and grab one of the guys from mother mercy as guitarist, or me if no one else volunteers.

It looks like RJ isn't interested in accepting your nomination, but I'm glad you've volunteered. Do I know you? Maybe we've met or at least have seen each other at one of the 24 MaidenS shows I've been to. Which band member role are you interested in?
:wave:

UPDATE:
I've been told that the time will be more like noon instead of 3PM, and the location will be in Hollywood near Sunset & Wilcox. Also the director assured me that in addition to $10 those playing the role of band member will also get a meal! We still need a drummer or at least someone to provide a drum set, it can be a small, old, beaten up one, I doubt there'll be any close up shots of it.

I know it's short notice, but in addition to band members, we need other extras for the night club scene. It starts shooting this very morning at 6505 1/2 West Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA