Want a song to mix?

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
After the thread asking about studio's in Ireland, Mick from trackmix (mickrich on this board) gave me and my band a free day in his studio to record a song.
He's given me all the consolidated files to put up on here and he did a mix of the tune for us.

It's 1.06 GB's when compressed.

Some tracking info,

He used Focusrite ISA and phoenix audio pres.
Drums
kick- sennheiser e602II I think
Snr top I5
Snr bot sm57
Toms mics AKG not sure what model
Overheads were some sennheisers that Mick said aren't in production any more but couldn't remember the model name
Room - Neumann TLM 103

Guitars are peavey 6505, Mesa Triple rectifier for dirty and H&K tri amp for cleans all into an Orange 4X12 miced with a 57 and Senn E609
Di's for everything.
Bass was Di'd I think- sorry I wasn't paying much attention at that stage I was pretty Tired!!
Vocals were all recorded with the Audix I5 into his Phoenix pre.

You can hear the mix that Mick did here

www.myspace.com/shardborne the first track I'll Tell you How by us Shardborne.

It was Mick from Trackmix that mixed it. He did mix it in the same session as it was recorded though.
Nope haven't gotten to play with ye Niall- maybe some time down the line though!

I'll get the files sorted and uploaded so!

It was Mick from Trackmix that mixed it. He did mix it in the same session as it was recorded though.

Yeah, I had a feeling he must have mixed it right away. Nice song though, reminds me of Opeth in places.

Nope haven't gotten to play with ye Niall- maybe some time down the line though!
Unfortunately it's unlikely as I parted ways with Thoughts Of Ruin a month or so ago. Although I have a feeling I may be called to fill in for the Napalm Death support slot.

ahh shite news- only got to catch ye guys live the once and was well impressed- any other band ventures you've got coming up or are you focusing on recording?

I would like a chance at this, please upload. If you need a server to temporarily store it that will allow large files, let me know, I can set a subdomain off one of mine and can give you ftp rights on it

It's been less than a day, I'm working on it!!
Looks like it'll be just over a gig after I took out some files in the folder and made a .RAR of it.
just figuring out the drop box thing at the moment

Okay drop box doesn't seem to want to work for me, it's been uploading for nearly 2 days and it's still saying it'll take just as long to upload so I've split it up into 2 files and am putting these onto megaupload. They'll be done by tomorrow morning here so should be up by the night time for you americans so stop PMing me!!