want some STUPID cheap monitor stands or iso pads? not spam

Can never have too many picks laying around. :D:D:D

So this all really works? How do you know what the free gifts are? I'm about to push "buy" for a harmonica (c or g???), some strings that are back ordered, a mic clip (these always come in handy anyway) and some picks.

Mine was being packed, but now they all say "canceled". I guess they're not going to honor it. Class action lawsuit anyone? hahahaha

well last night it would show on the right side of the product page what the free gift was, it seems to no longer be present now...lame

It's funny, this happened like a week ago on the gearslutz board for an 8gb flash usb drive for like $35 on Amazon.com. A bunch of people bought them and then the next day all of our orders were cancelled.

dang, I just got my cancel notice as well. All the responses are automated, so I doubt my stuff was in the shipping stage anyway.

The cancel notice said that the order contained free gifts that were mistakenly attached to items, and if I still wanted to paid items, I'd have to re-order everything.

Meh, it was a good try!

yeah my mo-pads have supposedly shipped...but for the monitor stand one, i got this:

Dear Customer,

Due to an error on our website, you were offered free gift item(s) that were incorrectly associated with an item(s) you recently ordered. As a result, we have had to cancel your order. If you still wish to order these items without the gifts items, please replace your order online or call us at 800-391-8762.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.

My friend ordered the picks and got them and the pop filter today, but the mopads will not be coming, but possibly backordered. I think I ordered to much stuff and was flagged. I assume the stands are what set it off for cancelling, but I wished it hadn't cancelled my whole order, if I was to get free stuff from the other items.

My friend called MF and they said it wasn't a mistake - at least for the iso pads and the headphones. The sales guy said MF occasionally gets a limited amount of an item to be given away as a gift set with another product. He said once those combos are out, they are out...no backorders, just no more of them. This still means they could have the items in regular stock (both the purchased item and the free gift - which is available for regular purchase), just those set aside as "free gifts with purchase" will no longer be offered.

You can use small (about an inch...depends) squares of neoprene to isloate your monitors. You need to achieve about 10%-20% compression, which can be a pain in the ass. If you have calipers that you can beg, borrow, or steal, measure the thickness of one square, then put one under each corner of your monitor. Use the back side of the calipers to measure. Try to find the size of neoprene that comresses more than 1/10th, but less that 1/5th. This is not as effective as mopads, but it is FUCKING FREE. If you use a mousepad as a source of neoprene, use the thickest, most flexible you can find. Do not use an old mousepad, as they will not act correctly as a spring (which is what is happening when the neoprene is compressed at that amount).

i placed mine as 3 seperate orders, just incase something like that happened...my two harmonicas were cancelled, i need to edit my initial post...

holy crap!

i kid you not...i just got home from work to find two huge packages each with a speaker stand inside them, and the harmonicas

i'll post up pics if i get a chance