Wanting to make own cables...which connectors?

Yup, definitely Neutrik! This for straight, this for right angled. Though stripping and soldering TS cables is a fucking bitch because of the braided shield - depending on how many you want (and thus how much the cost would add up), I personally would rather pay a bit extra and let them handle it! (or just go Planet Waves :D), cuz while I'm fine soldering my own XLR cables, a) they give you a lot more room to work in and b) they don't undergo as much abuse as instrument cables do.

Yup, definitely Neutrik! This for straight, this for right angled. Though stripping and soldering TS cables is a fucking bitch because of the braided shield - depending on how many you want (and thus how much the cost would add up), I personally would rather pay a bit extra and let them handle it! (or just go Planet Waves :D), cuz while I'm fine soldering my own XLR cables, a) they give you a lot more room to work in and b) they don't undergo as much abuse as instrument cables do.

damn I didn't even see that they make em for you. I guess I'm not going to attempt making them myself. Thanks! Seems like the planet waves will cost ~$4 more per cable. The custom from Redco still seem like a pretty good deal.

I didn't even see the other instrument cables either...

http://www.redco.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=18&cat=Unbalanced+Instrument+Cable

Any one better to use than the other?

Well not Gotham ;) Otherwise, though, I highly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between Canare, Mogami, and Redco, but for my short patch cables that I use for my re-amping (and FX patching) I got Canare, cuz the fact that it was twice as much didn't really matter when the lengths were so short.