Was Anders Friden (In Flames) productor of MAYH?

He might have been in the studio at the time and helped out a bit or something but he certainly did not produce the album. Opeth didn't even really use a producer (in the sense that other bands do) until BWP. Dan Swano on Orchid and Morningrise and Fredrik Nordstrom on MAYH and Still Life mainly served as engineers.

In my booklet for MAYH it says "...and captured on tape by Fredrick Nordstrom, Anders Friden and Opeth."

I have the US original release of MAYH so I'm not sure if it says the same thing in the re-release.

Jester of Clarity said:
i asked a question and took my answer, so what are you talking about?

i think my interests are none of your business but if you want you can see how broad it is by clicking my signature.

hey-hey, dont get offended now, but "producter" instead of "producer" is well funny. :)

Jester of Clarity said:
i asked a question and took my answer, so what are you talking about?

i think my interests are none of your business but if you want you can see how broad it is by clicking my signature.

No offence, but your music taste isn't broad. Judging from that list anyhow.

So? Who gives a shit? Is he supposed to feel guilty because he doesn't groove to Haydn? It's none of your business.

Anyway, it might not be the same guy, lots of people can have the same name. and since Anders has a ´ in his surname (Fridén) that might be the case.

Hi guys!

No, he didn't produce anything on that album. At the time he worked as an assistant to Fredrik Nordström so he helped pushing the rec button as well as I remember he built my vocal booth + soundchecked the mic. I was shocked, having a cup of coffee in the next room and hearing this yelling, I mean real loud from the vocal booth, it was Anders. To this day he remains one of my good friends from the metal scene, generally my relations with other bands are very shallow and "Hey buddy....rock on!" but Anders I count as a very good and reliable friend.

Cheers guys!
Mike

Holy shit! My post is right next to... that of a god. I might faint.
Oh, I'm never leaving this forum now, consider yourself e-stalked, sir! :tickled:
[/joke]