WASP ANyone?

There's two records of theirs that I listen to regularly,
Headless Children & Inside the Electric Circus.
I guess it's because I saw em on both of those tours. As for their older stuff? It's okay, I usually listen to the Best of the Best disc, it's got all the better stuff from their earlier years.

sixxswine said:
There's two records of theirs that I listen to regularly,
Headless Children & Inside the Electric Circus.
I guess it's because I saw em on both of those tours. As for their older stuff? It's okay, I usually listen to the Best of the Best disc, it's got all the better stuff from their earlier years.

I think nancy Reagan helped me get more into WASP. They have that one picture of her where she's showing how disgusted she is by the Fuck Like a Beast lbum cover and she's holding it up over her head. :D That was the Parents Music Resource Center days when they wanted to censor everything!!

Anyways, I love most of WASP's early stuff and The Crimson Idol is actually very, very good!!! The more recent stuff has some OK stuff. I was supposed to see WASP the week of September 11 and you know what happened. They never re-scheduled that show so I nver saw em. It's been a long time now. Headless Children was my first WASP show and probably my 3rd concert. THat was with Accept and Metal Church opening, right!?? Good show! I love that album!

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I think nancy Reagan helped me get more into WASP. They have that one picture of her where she's showing how disgusted she is by the Fuck Like a Beast lbum cover and she's holding it up over her head. :D That was the Parents Music Resource Center days when they wanted to censor everything!!

Anyways, I love most of WASP's early stuff and The Crimson Idol is actually very, very good!!! The more recent stuff has some OK stuff. I was supposed to see WASP the week of September 11 and you know what happened. They never re-scheduled that show so I nver saw em. It's been a long time now. Headless Children was my first WASP show and probably my 3rd concert. THat was with Accept and Metal Church opening, right!?? Good show! I love that album!

I think you're referring to Tipper Gore & not Nancy.
It was Tipper Gore that was in charge of the PMRC which targeted mainly Rock & Metal bands at that time. And it was Accept(version II) & Metal Church(which didn't play at the show I attended for one reason or
another).

sixxswine said:
I think you're referring to Tipper Gore & not Nancy.
It was Tipper Gore that was in charge of the PMRC which targeted mainly Rock & Metal bands at that time. And it was Accept(version II) & Metal Church(which didn't play at the show I attended for one reason or
another).

I know Tipper was big into that, but I think Nancy is the photo-op I remember--When I can I'll confirm. I might have that on video somewhere?!!!

Great band. I like their old stuff all the way up to the new. They actually hav two new albums coming out this year. I think the first one is due around Halloween and the second one due around Christmas. Suppose to be some of the best material yet. I have never seen them live and hope to catch them soon.

WASP and THE LAST COMMAND are 2 of my all time metal faves...they lost me, though, at Crimson Idol and I don't think they've had a great album since....Helldorado and the last two were wastes, to me. But you know what they say about opinions.....CHRIS HOLMES is the man, though.
Ted

TVF,
Chris Holmes stated in a recent interview, that he didn't even play on a lot of the records. So I guess, it was either a studio musician or Lawless. Which is a big disappointment, cos' you wonder how good he actually is. More or less he was a
touring guitarist when he was in WASP. How a guy could be so wasted to not play on records is beyond me. And then he goes on to bitch about Lawless not paying himhis money. Would you? He's a damn puppet at best....
Holmes was also married to Lita Ford(what a piece of ass for her time) and he let her get away because of his love for booze. Way to go Chris, you belong in the Jackass Hall of Fame!

Long time WASP fan here. Man I love this old school forum. I break out so much of my "classic" stuff after reading these. Anyway, Chris Holmes was a certifiable boob. Every time I hear his name, I think of that movie The Decline Of Western Civilation where he's in the pool chugging a fifth of Jack Daniels. Losing Lita Ford was absolutely retarded on his part. I just wish I could have been her rebound dude. Anyway, WASP is pretty cool.

Did you guys see that W.A.S.P. dvd The sting Live at the Key club? Chris Holmes fukin ruined it he tottaly sucks he is possibly the worst guitar player I have ever heard maybe if the dumbass would lay off the bottle he would have a shred of credabilty but prolly not :) anyways if Blackie is smart he will leave chris in his gutter to rot and keep bringing us his most excelent style of no bones Hard rock/Heavy Metal

The debut album is one of my favourite metal albums of all time!! Also love The Headless Children, The Last Command and The Crimson Idol.

JonnyD said:
Did you guys see that W.A.S.P. dvd The sting Live at the Key club? Chris Holmes fukin ruined it he tottaly sucks he is possibly the worst guitar player I have ever heard maybe if the dumbass would lay off the bottle he would have a shred of credabilty but prolly not :) anyways if Blackie is smart he will leave chris in his gutter to rot and keep bringing us his most excelent style of no bones Hard rock/Heavy Metal

Chris is completely out right now, isn't he?

He wasn't around for several albums then he came back and I think he's out again.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
Chris is completely out right now, isn't he?

He wasn't around for several albums then he came back and I think he's out again.

As far as I know yeah hes completely out I wouldnt expect to see him again but ya never know stranger things have happened